Tupe transfer..

Hello eveyone:)

Iam new here hoping for some great advice and information.

A little bit of backround 1st to hopefully give the bigger picture: I currently work for a Facility Services company who undertake term contracts with social housing landlords. In our office we have at least 10 manager/supervisors the titles do vary but the roles and responsibilities are the same. Iam myself titled as a manager.

Our client asked my employers for manager to project manage a function on behalf of the client for the term of the contract and reporting through to the client. I was approached and accepted the role didnt sign to accept any changes. My title hasnt changed, I did ask that should the function iam managing on behalf of the client should ever become surlus to requirment, would I face redundancy, I was informed albeit only verbally that would not be the case and that I would return the existing managment / supervisor pool.

I have my suspicion the client may be looking to take the function back in house and utilise there own staff to manage the function to off set redundacies. Should this happen where would I stand, as I would at this time prefer to remain with my current employer.

In addition to the above, I do manage this function as my substantive role, although my assistant processes all of the work streams which i have set in place, I merely oversee that all is as it should be. Also during the last 6 months I have been tasked with ad-hoc duties which account for around 80% of my time, these duties are similar to the roles carried out by other Managers/ Supervisors. The Project role Imanage has been running for 2 years. It is a legally compliant function which must be carried out annually by a team managed by myself of around 8 people.

Thanking in advance for any replies.

TUPE is bloody complicated and I doubt that anyone who knows it well enough to give you good advice on it is going to give it to you free on this forum. Solicitors and HR managers who know their onions and trade unions are generally the only people who are going to give you sound advice on this (others may give you sound advice: 90% sound and 10% advice).

Archived