Police Traffic Car left unattended

I came out of the cafe this morning about 9am where amongst others four uniformed Policemen were sat having Breakfast.

I walked to my car past a marked Volvo Estate and at the side of it a dark blue one obviously also a Police vehicle,parked in the cafe car park. The blue one had its engine running and no-one in either car or nearby.

I looked inside and the vehicle had a cage in the back full of black holdalls and body armour with a large box where the centre arm rests usually are bolted down. There was a TV screen in the dash displaying a set of number plates which must have been read by the roof top cameras. On the passenger seat was a smnall laptop with ID numbers taped on it. The door top buttos appeared to be up, i did not try the handles.

Is it usual for this to happen for some reason? Was the battery flat or something?

Is it legal or sensible to leave the car like this?

How could the battery have been flat if the engine was running :confused:

Some of the BMW's that the armed response unit use in London have keyless start that cannot be driven more than about a hundred yards from whoever has the entry fob, not sure if the Volvo's use the same sort of device.

Maybe thats what theyd done, pressed the sensor as they walked away but it didnt work?

Perhaps the cars were being used as bait.

You might've made a lot of new friends if you'd tried to get into one.

I thought that but surely not a loaded traffic car. I wouldnt consider opening the door but wondered whether to go back in and tell them but my experience of Police made me wary.

I thought that but surely not a loaded traffic car. I wouldnt consider opening the door but wondered whether to go back in and tell them but my experience of Police made me wary.

They would not have thanked you for challenging them :hihi:

Archived