Are people who believe soaps are real delusional?

The thing that annoys me is, if you pick up a tabloid "newspaper" these days, there will be two pages of the latest soap stories simply blended in as if it is all real.

:loopy:

But Kate and William are getting married. Or is that Hollyoaks? :help:

so all that protesting i did in the early eighties to free george jackson from brookside was for nothing :suspect::hihi:

Sadly so :hihi: I was watching Brookside with my Mum once when she said "That Karen Grant doesn't look like either of her parents ..." So I said they're not her parents. "Oh is she adopted then?" said Mum. I had to break the news to her that they were all actors :hihi:

Maybe there are those who abuse the actors for supporting and doing the storyline, rather than attacking the character?
I had a little wry smile that the actor who plays Ronny is supposed to have had doubts and reservations about the storyline and supposedly resigned over it. A story which has now been denied by the BBC.

If she did feel so strongly about it, why did she do it? And please don't let's go down the contactural obligations route, she was apparently leaving in May anyway, according to the latest press release.

I've left (or not taken) jobs because I didn't agree with a direction the company was going in. They might threaten to sue, but they never carry out the threats. After all, what would it do to their public image?

OT, I don't think people trulybelieve that the soaps are real, they just get caught up in the story, and discuss an episode in that light. After all, how many people, without a bit of thought, can remember the real name of the man who plays Ken Barlow? He's become so associated with the character by now.

Archived