Record shop at top of Cambridge St?

John G

Originally posted by John G

Can anyone remember the name of the record shop that used to be at the top of Cambridge St. circa late 70's to early 80,s

Cheers,John

I think it was called Revolver, I bought East of Edens album from their, back in the early 70,s. It was the record shop to be seen in if I remember. It was run by a guy called Anthony Blackburn. Used to got to Westfield School, my wife says.

Originally posted by Lostrider

I think it was called Revolver, I bought East of Edens album from their, back in the early 70,s. It was the record shop to be seen in if I remember. It was run by a guy called Anthony Blackburn. Used to got to Westfield School, my wife says.

I thought Revolver was on high street near the old legends bar?

I'm sure it was Impulse. It had a green sign on the top of the building. Used to sell t-shirts and lots of "hippy" trinkets. Wasn't there a car park at the side of it where the old Albert pub used to be?

What was the record shop called further down the road- next to the wine bar on the corner? Used to get some great tunes from there

Archived