Life is..yucky.

Why does life have to be so.....well....yucky? It always seems to be such a struggle. A struggle to make money, to pay bills, to get ahead. And then, you have (or at least I had) the crazy idea that it would be good to bring some innocent children into the world. Then you struggle to provide for them as well and you worry that you aren't doing enough or the right things and you wonder if they will hate you when they grow up because you didn't do better for them. All the while, the world seems to be going to hell…wars, drugs, just plain meanness and then you worry what sort of world they will live in after you're gone.

Is life something to be endured rather than enjoyed? From my perspective, that is certainly the case. Anyone else feel this way?

The powers that be conspire to make it that way.

We are slaves.

Instead of chains we have debt.

It's time to fight back..

When I hit the sack on a cold rainy night with my loving wife next to me I thank god for my life and what it has brought me.

I could have been some poor <REMOVED>, hungry, penniless and sleeping under a bridge.

I didn't think you got cold rainy nights in Southern Cal. We don't get them hre either. We get cold snowy nights instead. But the feeling you describe sure makes life worth living. I'm surprised to hear Cotttontop not at the top of his game. You're not allowed to be depressed in

When I hit the sack on a cold rainy night with my loving wife next to me I thank god for my life and what it has brought me.

I could have been some poor <REMOVED>, hungry, penniless and sleeping under a bridge.

I didn't think you got cold rainy nights in Southern Cal. We don't get them hre either. We get cold snowy nights instead. But the feeling you describe sure makes life worth living. I'm surprised to hear Cotttontop not at the top of his game. You're not allowed to be depressed in a place where the ciggies are the cheapest in the world, and you can eat at the Waffle House or Bob Evans.

I didn't think you got cold rainy nights in Southern Cal. We don't get them hre either. We get cold snowy nights instead. But the feeling you describe sure makes life worth living. I'm surprised to hear Cotttontop not at the top of his game. You're not allowed to be depressed in a place where the ciggies are the cheapest in the world, and you can eat at the Waffle House or Bob Evans.

We had seven days of non stop rain week before last, cold days and freezing nights. My orange and lemon tree survived happy to say. We get these wet winters every three or four years and dry warm winters in between. It all depends on the El Nino and El Nina weather currents coming up from Mexico.

We dont get Bob Evans restaurants here but we ate in one on our last trip to Florida. Great food indeed :):thumbsup:

Why does life have to be so.....well....yucky? It always seems to be such a struggle. A struggle to make money, to pay bills, to get ahead. And then, you have (or at least I had) the crazy idea that it would be good to bring some innocent children into the world. Then you struggle to provide for them as well and you worry that you aren't doing enough or the right things and you wonder if they will hate you when they grow up because you didn't do better for them. All the while, the world seems to be going to hell…wars, drugs, just plain meanness and then you worry what sort of world they will live in after you're gone.

Is life something to be endured rather than enjoyed? From my perspective, that is certainly the case. Anyone else feel this way?

CT I'm surprised, you always seemed so up, what happend to..you know who ? I was hoping to come to a wedding :)

If the effect was about you and you alone you'd probably pull your draws up and get stuck in. The problem with thinkers is they don't just acknowledge their own plight..it's magnified by all the **** their surrounded by, be it family or some wretched soul in some far flung corner of the planet. Some may say 'Oh stop whining and get on with it'. Ignore them because these are the reasons everything is going tits up because 'Oh stop whining and get on with it' is just another term for screw you I'm alright jack.

And don't worry about your family unless you preached the faith of the Dollar above all else..inc them. If you've done your best and been seen to do so then they can't ask for much more..if they do then they've fallen into their own traps.

Buck, Cotton Tops a femaile, she was going to marry a very nice forum member from Sheffield, hope it's still on :) I had an invite.

Archived