Life is..yucky.

Buck, Cotton Tops a femaile, she was going to marry a very nice forum member from Sheffield, hope it's still on :) I had an invite.

You could be treading on very personal ground poppins..might be wise to pm cotton first, just in case.

Not read the 3 pages, sorry, too late, so just ansered this post CT...

Why does life have to be so.....well....yucky? It always seems to be such a struggle. A struggle to make money, to pay bills, to get ahead. And then, you have (or at least I had) the crazy idea that it would be good to bring some innocent children into the world. Then you struggle to provide for them as well and you worry that you aren't doing enough or the right things and you wonder if they will hate you when they grow up because you didn't do better for them. All the while, the world seems to be going to hell…wars, drugs, just plain meanness and then you worry what sort of world they will live in after you're gone.

Is life something to be endured rather than enjoyed? From my perspective, that is certainly the case. Anyone else feel this way?

It is sometimes a struggle CT. At times, it's easy to think that everything is a struggle all of the time!

My goodness, I could waffle for hours, but I'll spare you the displeasure :hihi:...

You have brought children into the world, and from what I know, you are a bloody ace Mum! Struggling to pay bills happens... and you know what, they will see it and appreciate that life aint for free... kids pick up on everything, I'm telling you. One of the things I see as a big problem in the (western) world is kids thinking everything is for nothing. No idea about value of money, or what is necessary to exist as a good person in this kind of society.

Your kids will see you working and doing what you have to, to pay for food and bills etc, and they will learn from it. They will learn that everything aint free. It will help make them successful in life.

There has always been war, and drugs, so release your mind from worry about their future, you teach them right from wrong, and you will have done a better job than so many people in today's world.

And then, you have (or at least I had) the crazy idea that it would be good to bring some innocent children into the world. Then you struggle to provide for them as well and you worry that you aren't doing enough or the right things and you wonder if they will hate you when they grow up because you didn't do better for them.

There are what?... 2 billions children on the planet?

Given the choice, I'd pick you as one parent I'd want to have, if I was one of them.

:)

Sometimes life seems like a struggle but remember life is what you make it!!.

No it isn't, that's just an overworkerd cliche that people use without thinking. Life is not what you make it; if it was up to the individual we would all have everything we want. The truth is life is what OTHER PEOPLE let you make of it.

Buck, Cotton Tops a femaile, she was going to marry a very nice forum member from Sheffield, hope it's still on :) I had an invite.
I "m sorry Cottontop. I didn't know. It's hard to tell sometimes. The name suggested a connectiom to North Carolina. We're still looking at houses in Charlotte,but no chance of selling this house till April.

No it isn't, that's just an overworkerd cliche that people use without thinking. Life is not what you make it; if it was up to the individual we would all have everything we want. The truth is life is what OTHER PEOPLE let you make of it.

Happiness isn't about having everything though, or even having anything (beyond the essentials at least). When people think satisfaction depends on getting everything they want, then they get it, they usually just want even more, get scared of losing it, or just can't understand why they still feel crap. You're Capitalism's dream customer. ;)

It's not about what happens to you as much as how you respond to what happens to you that makes the difference, and I say that as someone who has learned the hard way, believe me. Then again, a grieving period after a crappy event is only natural, and not necessarily anyone's fault.

CT, I'll reply to your PM later, but the sun will come out again. :)

Happiness isn't about having everything though, or even having anything (beyond the essentials at least). When people think satisfaction depends on getting everything they want, then they get it, they usually just want even more, get scared of losing it, or just can't understand why they still feel crap. You're Capitalism's dream customer. ;)

It's not about what happens to you as much as how you respond to what happens to you that makes the difference, and I say that as someone who has learned the hard way, believe me. Then again, a grieving period after a crappy event is only natural, and not necessarily anyone's fault.

CT, I'll reply to your PM later, but the sun will come out again. :)

yup:hihi::hihi:

Archived