Eating animal caught wild

rabbits are pets, dogs cats are pets whats the difference? i know a family who has eating dog, if he got it by legal means is he breaking the law?

Only if it was someone else's dog they ate.

You can breed whatever animals you like for food, even if it is a fluffy bunny rabbit, you just can't nip over the fence and pinch next doors.

Edit: Not quick enough!

So who is right

andygardener: If he killed and ate a dog regardless of how legal means he came by it?

Yes, he is breaking the law

or

dosxuk: You can breed whatever animals you like for food, even if it is a fluffy bunny rabbit, you just can't nip over the fence and pinch next doors.

He gets then from dogs home pets no one wants so he didnt nick it

So who is right

andygardener: If he killed and ate a dog regardless of how legal means he came by it?

Yes, he is breaking the law

or

dosxuk: You can breed whatever animals you like for food, even if it is a fluffy bunny rabbit, you just can't nip over the fence and pinch next doors.

He gets then from dogs home pets no one wants so he didnt nick it

I hope it's me, but dosX is a sound poster whose word I'd trust so maybe i have got it wrong on this one and we are stuck with some oldschool legal get-go for animal cruelty? Tell me I'm right please..or we need to get the law changed asap.

I know of several people who have keep Sheep as pets, and I know several people who have kept Sheep to eat. I'm not aware of there being any special legislation for pets over animals kept for consumption.

I don't know if you can go to Pets at Home and buy a dog for the purposes of eating it (it would certainly upset the shop workers), but you could go to someone who is legally breeding them for food and legally eat it. I'm pretty sure if you got two animals to breed, you could quite legally eat the offspring. As for getting them from rescue centres, I don't think it's illegal, but it's definately unethical. I've been doing bits and pieces for the animal rescue centre in my home village for years, and everyone who works there (who are all volunteers) put a lot of time, effort and money into looking after the animals which nobody wants, they would be very distraught if they found out someone was coming there to find animals just to kill and eat them.

You sure know some strange people.

Its a family of chinese asylum seekers, feel sorry for them to travel half way round the world to have a peaceful life, they speak no English, the man wants to work but no one will hire him as he doesnt speak the lingo,

Its a family of chinese asylum seekers, feel sorry for them to travel half way round the world to have a peaceful life, they speak no English, the man wants to work but no one will hire him as he doesnt speak the lingo,

Eating our dogs will not ingratiate him with any potential employer.

Archived