BNP Candidate evicted from hustings meeting

I believe their is a question as to whether he had a invitation or not,do you think there would be the same hoo hah if it had been a labour or conservative representative.The BNP would more than likely die a slow death if it wasnt for all the publicity others encourage ,the same as your rabid outbursts encourage publicity..Nick Griffin must love people like you ..maybe that's your agenda and your a secret BNP member.Im still trying to work out the correlation between the BNP and paedophilia as a defining argument,seems a senseless exercise to me,still it takes all sorts I suppose

Only in your head - the BNP man was invited as an audience member and then took to the satge without being asked and refused to leave.

Is that was passes for reasonable behaviour in BNP circles?

Only in your head - the BNP man was invited as an audience member and then took to the satge without being asked and refused to leave.

Is that was passes for reasonable behaviour in BNP circles?

Why in my head ,the little I have seen of this shows the man stating he had a invitation,either way I dont give a fig I have just replied advocating the BNP 's rights as a legal political party,its people like you with your inane childish insults against the party that should be questioned...does your childish infantile insults pass for reasonable behaviour in your circles ?

Why in my head ,the little I have seen of this shows the man stating he had a invitation,either way I dont give a fig I have just replied advocating the BNP 's rights as a legal political party,its people like you with your inane childish insults against the party that should be questioned...does your childish infantile insults pass for reasonable behaviour in your circles ?

What makes you think they need you to advocate their rights? Do you feel they're unfairly maligned perhaps?

If you're upset on their behalf because I called them a word that begins with T and rhymes with birds - rather than their racism and hatemongering I think it speaks volumes about you.

Its got nothing to do with my being upset ,if you wish to resort to childish name calling thats your problem not mine..the very fact that you have to resort to such banality tells me a lot about you and indeed, in your words, speaks volumes about the level of your perceived intelligence

It's fascinating stuff to see BNP supporters engage in conduct to have a BNP thread closed down, maybe they are not familiar with adage of 'no publicity is bad publicity?'

Are these discussions not moderated by anyone?

They are moderated radar, but not actively monitored.

You are correct in your analysis though. These sort of threads often end with the BNP boys (I use the gender and age range advisedly) actively seeking to get the threads deleted. It saves their blushes.

They are moderated radar, but not actively monitored.

You are correct in your analysis though. These sort of threads often end with the BNP boys (I use the gender and age range advisedly) actively seeking to get the threads deleted. It saves their blushes.

So I see, a good clean job;)

I believe their is a question as to whether he had a invitation or not,do you think there would be the same hoo hah if it had been a labour or conservative representative.

There is no question at all as to whether or not the BNP candidate had been invited. He had not. You must be able to understand this as it has been posted on this thread very clearly a number of times. Please let us know which part of the reportage and posts you do not understand and we'll try to make it clear to you. Here's the link again from the local newspaper :

http://www.saddleworthnews.com/?p=5418

I do hope the nature of hustings has been explained. They are private meetings, by invitation only. The BNP candidate made a public scene at a private meeting, embarrassed himself, frightened members of the public and had to be removed by the police.

If this is a breach of democracy, perhaps you can indicate how, as most of us are quite clear that this is just bad behaviour and very silly.

I believe their is a question as to whether he had a invitation or not,do you think there would be the same hoo hah if it had been a labour or conservative representative.The BNP would more than likely die a slow death if it wasnt for all the publicity others encourage ,the same as your rabid outbursts encourage publicity..Nick Griffin must love people like you ..maybe that's your agenda and your a secret BNP member.Im still trying to work out the correlation between the BNP and paedophilia as a defining argument,seems a senseless exercise to me,still it takes all sorts I suppose

:huh: Why should there be a hoo hah? Labour and the Conservatives were invited. Not only was a BNP representative not invited but the party also.

I find it ironic that most right wingers would lynch a paedophile and yet support a party riddled at high level in favour of their policy of discrimination and racism. Still, it takes all sorts I suppose.

There is no question at all as to whether or not the BNP candidate had been invited. He had not.

Incorrect. The BNP candidate had a ticket which allowed him access the hustings (which, incidentally, was advertised as an 'open' event). If the BNP candidate had not been invited, he would have been unable to enter the premises where the event was held - as security and a police officer were on the door.

You must be able to understand this as it has been posted on this thread very clearly a number of times. Please let us know which part of the reportage and posts you do not understand and we'll try to make it clear to you. Here's the link again from the local newspaper :

http://www.saddleworthnews.com/?p=5418

I extend the same courtesy to you. Please state what part of the report you misunderstand and I shall endeavour to explain it to you. No where in any of the reports does it state that the BNP candidate was not invited to the hustings, only that he was gagged from speaking to the audience as a candidate.

I do hope the nature of hustings has been explained. They are private meetings, by invitation only. The BNP candidate made a public scene at a private meeting, embarrassed himself, frightened members of the public and had to be removed by the police.

If this is a breach of democracy, perhaps you can indicate how, as most of us are quite clear that this is just bad behaviour and very silly.

The overwhelming number of letter writers to the 'Saddleworth News' regard the actions in using six police officers to drag away a candidate in order to prevent him from communicating with his electorate as shameful and a dreadful stain upon democracy. Even the BNP's political opponents campaigning in the constituency (except labour) think that it was a mistake, and might boost the BNP vote.

As to 'frightening members of the public', in my experience a sizeable number of the audience at these events is made up of supporters and party activists of the candidates anyway. Labour party supporters dominated the premises that night, thanks to the supposedly 'non-political' organisers.

Finally, here is a response from Susan Hilder to her original letter in the 'Saddleworth News':

Susan Hilder

January 12th, 2011 at 6:12 pm

Thank you for printing the ‘letter’. Its heartwarming to read the majority appreciate the importance of freespeech.

A message for us all, including the gentleman who has a Doctorate in Finance.

When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself.

regards Susan Hilder

http://www.saddleworthnews.com/?p=5396&cpage=2#comments

Archived