BNP Candidate evicted from hustings meeting

I obviously have much more faith in the British people than you have. ;)

And remember, when everyone was getting all excited about the BNP winning things 9 months ago, it was me that was saying these people are a joke* who will never gain any significant electoral success in this country.

John X

*obviously not a very funny joke to those on the receiving end of their lies, hatred and violence.

Eitherway, he should not have been ejected from that meeting!!!

FACIST springs to mind :rolleyes:

Sorry didn't see your post. It was just an assumption I'd made.
Perhaps understandably. For the record, I am not a BNP supporter. They are a contemptible bunch with some pitiful ideas and policies, some unworkable, and others just naive. But they're a party for which people vote, so unless they advocate anything illegal, their views are theirs to hold just as are those of a Tory or a communist.

This country has had more to fear from hugely powerful communist state policies over our lifetimes than it does from a tiny and ineffective minority of people in the UK who share the BNP's ideals, but for some reason the BNP are met by bitter, hateful attacks from groups on the left who claim to be on a moral high ground but, by their actions and the nasty way they deport themselves in arguments against the BNP, show themselves to be, at best, on a par.

I chuck in the odd question on these BNP-related threads because as an observer I see the overwhelming aggression in these arguments to come from the nice people on the left, and I find it remarkable that they cannot see their own hypocrisy - fighting the intolerance they so passionately despise by venting their own utter intolerance of views they don't share. It's sad, really.

Usually does when the BNP are mentioned.:thumbsup:

Hmmmm i agree but it also springs to mind with other parties too :)

They cannot potray themselves as democratic then go out of their way to silence someone who does not agree with them.

I find it remarkable that they cannot see their own hypocrisy - fighting the intolerance they so passionately despise by venting their own utter intolerance of views they don't share. It's sad, really.

Is it not reasonable to be intolerant of evil?

Would you be saying the same thing about people who were intolerant of rape or murder?

Wouldn't be anything to do with the fact that they aren't political parties would it?

Not compulsory to be a member of a Political Party to contest an election is it?

They could stand as Independent candidates. Most of the Ultra Left groups despise democracy and advocate revolution.

Archived