Over 60,000 asylum seekers go missing

The UKBA are massively understaffed and underfunded so what do people expect. Besides, you can officially stop people from entering the UK, but technically you can't. People will always come in the back of lorries, in small boats and even on air beds.

It's not like it's only been a problem since May 2010, so I don't think it's just a question of funding. The very fact that we allow many asylum seekers to live here in the general public whilst their case is looked at, rather than detaining all of them in a holding centre, means inevitably some will melt away. Part of the problem is how long it takes for cases to reach conclusion, no doubt greatly stretched out by Human Rights lawyers, thanks to the ECHR.

I just wish the people who have had ' control ' over immigration in general during the last 30 years had gone missing too, before they had a chance to mess things up. [ And ' mess ' is using the politest verb possible ].

Also, of course if the ' roll-overs ' who got us so closely involved with Europe had also jumped off a cliff or fallen upon their swords.......or emigrated to Northern Greenland, then, there 's a slight chance that ' good old Blighty ' might be in better fettle than it is now.

It's not like it's only been a problem since May 2010, so I don't think it's just a question of funding. The very fact that we allow many asylum seekers to live here in the general public whilst their case is looked at, rather than detaining all of them in a holding centre, means inevitably some will melt away. Part of the problem is how long it takes for cases to reach conclusion, no doubt greatly stretched out by Human Rights lawyers, thanks to the ECHR.

That's just plain ignorant, the problem existed long before May 2010. The problem is probably as old as the British Isles themselves.

Archived