Labour 8 points clear of the tories.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/politics/article-23912741-labour-opens-up-poll-lead-over-tories-as-cuts-begin-to-bite.do

Research by ComRes for The Independent put the party on 42%, up three points since before Christmas, while the Tories were down three on 34%. The Liberal Democrats' support was 12%.

And this is before the next round of cuts.

And with several years to go before a possible general election , your point is.

You really expect the coalition to last more than a year? I think that's naive. There will clearly be a lot of defectors from the Lib Dem's to Labour as they have ruined their credibility. The Conservatives should stop banging on about being 'all in this together' when a high proportion of conservative cabinet ministers are Etonians without a clue about living in the real world. George Osborne, I'm looking at you, you over-stuffed over-sexed old Etonian coke-sniffing layabout.

The Labour figure would be a lot higher if they had a competent leadership; the shadow PM and Chancellor are both clearly out of their depth.

And red Ed is about as charismatic as a cabbage patch doll.

Indeed Dead Head Ed will be a real assett when a general election comes around. He even makes Gordy look good.

It amuses me to hear folks (usually of a left wing persuasion) predicting an imminent election. These same folk seem to predict that in said election the L/Ds would be annihilated as a party and the Tories relegated to opposition. I've yet to hear a rational explanation of why either of these parties would therefore wish to have an election before the economic catastrophe they inherited has been rectified.

You really expect the coalition to last more than a year? I think that's naive. There will clearly be a lot of defectors from the Lib Dem's to Labour as they have ruined their credibility. The Conservatives should stop banging on about being 'all in this together' when a high proportion of conservative cabinet ministers are Etonians without a clue about living in the real world. George Osborne, I'm looking at you, you over-stuffed over-sexed old Etonian coke-sniffing layabout.
So where does that leave the silly lad in charge of the amateurs that lost the last general election?

Archived