Labour 8 points clear of the tories.

Well see link below, GDP was on anu upwards curve last year but the recovery is at risk from petering out, largely due to the ConDem cuts.

Or we could carry on borrowing more than we could afford... I don't have budgets in front of me so no idea how much of reports of huge debt is spin and how much is genuine.

If genuine, then it seems it is no way to run a country in my simplistic world, letting anyone fund growth by excessive borrowing seems barmy to me.

Note "excessive" in above sentence. That is an important word and knowing how folks tend to only skim read posts before replying I thought it needed highlighting :)

Well see link below, GDP was on anu upwards curve last year but the recovery is at risk from petering out, largely due to the ConDem cuts.

GDP 2010 % growth

Q2 1.2

Q3 .8

Q4 .4 - .5

http://www.mortgagestrategy.co.uk/economy/gdp-growth-slows-in-q4-2010/1024361.article

Also from that article:

it also shows that business expects increased turnover and profitability in 2011.

Turnover confidence remained near to a three-year high, moving down 1 point to +48%.

While profitability confidence increased 7 points, to +30%, the highest level since Q4 2007.

Also from that article:

Of course excessive spending is wrong, but without the financial stimulus package the effects of the credit crunch would have been much worse.

No-one knows what will happen in 2011, but we DO know what has happened since the election. GDP growth has fallen back.

Of course excessive spending is wrong, but without the financial stimulus package the effects of the credit crunch would have been much worse.

No-one knows what will happen in 2011, but we DO know what has happened since the election. GDP growth has fallen back.

But its good to see the stock market recovering after 13 years of stagnation. Growth in the FTSE 100 has been as much since the election as it achieved in a full 13 years under the last government.

As our pension funds are largely dependent on investment income it will help secure our pensions, and a rising stock market is just what is needed to bring investment to UK industry.

Yes, those people who voted ConDem and risk putting us back into recession when Labour were pulling us out of it.

Looks like people are wising up!

Who voted "ConDem"? There was no "ConDem" party on my ballot paper.

Labour would have gone ahead with ID cards, BSF, and loads more zany schemes which would have cost everyone billions.

Assuming you have one obviously.

Everyone has a pension fund. Private pensions schemes and funded by investing money on the makets and growth and dividends provide the cash for a pension in retirement. The State p. If they make a profit that is taxed and that provides the cash for the State pensions.

nsions are funded by taxation and if businesses pay dividends these are taxeda

Yes, those people who voted ConDem and risk putting us back into recession when Labour were pulling us out of it.

Looks like people are wising up!

You have posted this for a bet surely!Labour boondoglers only ever land us in debt not pull us out!!!

Archived