The estate where only one person has a full-time job

Your attempt at textual exegesis is less than convincing, not least because it fails to catch a glimpse of the big elephant lumbering about the estate, the elephant being the fact that almost 30% of the residents of this estate are deemed to be unfit for work. What, getting on for 1 in 3 people on the estate can't work because they are too ill? I think will avoid Washwood Heath in the future, on the grounds that i might be suddenly struck down by some mysterious illness.

Simply explained:

People on incapacity are usually on low income

Low income people are limited to where they can afford to live

Areas with a predominantly low-income population will therefore have a higher proportion of IB claimants

You also ignored the second part, where I pointed out that the DM said "some people who work might have been left out by mistake" in other words "we know that this story is factully incorrect"

Yes - and I was just pointing out that people are worth more than money.

It's not about money you're right. It's about a person being willing to look after themselves when they can. I reckon most of the people in the article could survive without money. After all life is about so much more.

It's not about money you're right. It's about a person being willing to look after themselves when they can. I reckon most of the people in the article could survive without money. After all life is about so much more.

Gotcha ;):D

Of course the problem is that if you can't work for whatever reason you are likely to be dependant on the state for things like your housing/ income. Since such housing tends to be concentrated in estates it is to be absolutely expected that you will find strong concentrations of people in similar situations. The real question is how does the actual number of people in these situations compare to the population as a whole.

If you're really worried about where taxpayers money is going, I think the biggest payouts recently have been to the richest and not the poor. And several of those rich people are probably responsible for the situation that has created large numbers of jobless benefit claimants recently.

I reckon you send should invoices for taxpayers money in an envelope of scathing bile to, -

The Richest,

Unassailable House

Poor Free Lane

Another Strata of society

England

Archived