Boycott Cadburies

Have you ever thought that the Americans moved everything to save the company going bust during the credit crisis?
I'm pretty sure the so-called credit crisis was happening before March last year, when Kraft were lying thus:

They insisted that they intended to keep production in Britain but stopped short of any specific long-term commitments.

Asked exactly how many years Kraft planned to maintain production at the Birmingham base, Mr Firestone said: "Bournville remains at the heart of the Cadbury business and we intend to maintain it, we intend to invest in it, we intend to ensure that it remains competitive."

Mr Bond also said that the company needed to keep its UK operations "competitive"

Asked specifically whether Cadbury's Dairy Milk would continue to be produced in the UK, he said: "Yes."

Pressed as to how long for, he added: "For as long as our consumers are delighted by the product and the taste that we produce."

Tory MP Brian Binley, a member of the cross-party committee, interrupted: "That simply is not good enough for the workforce."

Fellow committee member Lindsay Hoyle, a Labour MP, said Kraft had made the same promises to Terry's of York before moving production of the Chocolate Orange to Poland.

He accused Kraft of doing "exactly the same" to York as the Vikings, saying: "They pillaged and asset-stripped that company."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/cadburys-and-kraft-chiefs-under-fire-from-angry-mps-1922123.html

They're closing the Bournville plant as well? I hadn't read that.

I've no idea - I quoted that for the thrust of what they were saying ("we'll stay in UK") rather than the details.

To be honest, they can do what they like now as far as I'm concerned, as I agree with the OP, except I haven't knowingly given any money to Kraft for about 5 years now.

Archived