Boycott Cadburies

The thrust of what they were saying is that Bournville would stay open.
Yes, probably as a "visitor attraction" rather than it's "head office" functions - which are now moving to Switzerland, along with production moving to Poland. So what they said 10 months ago was basically untrue

In the run up to this Easter egg period I ask SF users to boycott Cadbury. After the hostile American takeover, in which they promised that no-one would lose their jobs, they have closed the plant and moved it to Poland.

Where did your car, washing machine, bike, television etc come from? Do you not buy foreign goods?

Do you think we should boycott HSBC Bank or Ford Cars because they moved major centres out of the UK.

Where did your car, washing machine, bike, television etc come from? Do you not buy foreign goods?

Do you think we should boycott HSBC Bank or Ford Cars because they moved major centres out of the UK.

Depends if the take overs were honest and they didn't mislead everyone...

People always say that they will boycott something and they never do.

I find sadness in the fact that there are a lot more wrong in this world and people still try to boycott the smallest thing like where a product you probably don't buy is made.

Infact if you do choose to boycott anything then give that money to charity or members on here who do charity work.

In the run up to this Easter egg period I ask SF users to boycott Cadbury. After the hostile American takeover, in which they promised that no-one would lose their jobs, they have closed the plant and moved it to Poland.

Cadbury had already started the process of closing the Somerdale factory long before Kraft came along with their false promises of keeping it open. As creme eggs are made in this country, boycotting them wouldnt really achieve much

But look on the bright side. With the minimum wage the jobs lost in the UK will be far better paid than those gained in Poland.

Archived