32 months for student who chucked the fire extinguisher.

i agree. career burglars etc get away with tags and community service. this kid, while unlucky, and, yes, stupid didn't deserve, if we look at others on the streets right now, to see even a day in jail. just being made an example of, or a martyr, if people see the government/ judiciary as being petty and vindictive.

He wasn't unlucky, he was very very very lucky.

brilliant. He was highly irresponsible and his actions could easily have killed someone. He should be punished. He shouldn't get away with it because luckily it didn't hit anyone.

near enough 80 percent of the thing we do on a daily basis could kill someone. should have been locked up for what he did not what he could have done, me thinks.

Apples and oranges. You can't compare the two.

He wasn't drunk. He knew what he was doing.

Why not?

If chucking a heavy metal thing off a roof and not hitting anyone earns 32 months, how come driving a much heavier metal thing when you can't see properly and actually crushing a woman to death gets you a £200 fine:

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23886884-dead-cyclists-family-angered-by-pound-200-fine-for-lorry-driver.do

near enough 80 percent of the thing we do on a daily basis could kill someone. should have been locked up for what he did not what he could have done, me thinks.

whaaat? what do you do 80% of the time?

There is a difference between accidents, deaths that occur through a lack of care (manslaughter) and throwing a heavy object from a building at a load of people (potentially murder).

Archived