32 months for student who chucked the fire extinguisher.

Let him swing.

If I ran into a busy supermarket and unloaded a machine gun, but didnt actually hit anyone, would I get a pat on my back because I was lucky.

Its truly amazing he didnt kill anyone. Most people wouldnt dare to throw a stone or a coin off a building into a crowd.

Let him swing.

If I ran into a busy supermarket and unloaded a machine gun, but didnt actually hit anyone, would I get a pat on my back because I was lucky.

Its truly amazing he didnt kill anyone. Most people wouldnt dare to throw a stone or a coin off a building into a crowd.

That's a daft comparison since the number of crimes committed just from having the gun in your possession would put you behind bars for a long time.

A better comparison would be........If I ran into a busy supermarket and threw a load of stones randomly, but didnt actually hit anyone, would I get a pat on my back because I was lucky.

That's a daft comparison since the number of crimes committed just from having the gun in your possession would put you behind bars for a long time.

A better comparison would be........If I ran into a busy supermarket and threw a load of stones randomly, but didnt actually hit anyone, would I get a pat on my back because I was lucky.

You would have to throw those stones at incredible velocity to recreate the danger that fire extinguisher had.

Very clearly and obviously to anybody with a brain, the student in question put peoples lives at risk with his deliberate dangerous act... and the "he was aiming for the gap" excuse is just pitiful.

A couple of posters have totally buried their credibility forever on this thread.

You would have to throw those stones at incredible velocity to recreate the danger that fire extinguisher had.

I was simply amending the bad comparison to a possible one not attempting to create a accurate example.

But if the stone was heavy and thrown by a strong person then it could certainly kill.

Man is beaten up and dies - no charges

Item is thrown from roof, no-one is injured, perpetrator is sent to prison.

Absolute idiocy and callous indifference from the person who drops the extinguisher, and quite rightly punished, but assault causing actual death and no charges...?

And people wonder why there is cynicism and a general contempt for the powers that be.

Man is beaten up and dies - no charges

Item is thrown from roof, no-one is injured, perpetrator is sent to prison.

Absolute idiocy and callous indifference from the person who drops the extinguisher, and quite rightly punished, but assault causing actual death and no charges...?

And people wonder why there is cynicism and a general contempt for the powers that be.

No charges being brought in the case you've highlighted there is of course wrong, but it has no bearing on the student fire extinguisher chucker case.

No charges being brought in the case you've highlighted there is of course wrong, but it has no bearing on the student fire extinguisher chucker case.

I kind of agree, death is not a natural consequence of pushing someone like chucking a fire extinguisher off a roof is.

But then, many road users commit equally homicidally reckless acts and...nothing happens.

He made a mistake. There are people in prison for manslaughter who only hit someone once. I sometimes wonder if it is in society's best interests to apply the letter of the law. I doubt he will ever reoffend.

I was shocked that this person who systematically defrauded the taxpayer over many years to the tune of £40,000 was given a 26 week suspended sentence. That shouldn't affect her handicap.

Archived