32 months for student who chucked the fire extinguisher.

Apart from, whether he deserves to be used as a detterent or not. Nobodys debated my point about whether our prison system can handle locking people up when we supposedly dont have enough places.

I still say hes one that couldve gone without taking up a space and itd still have sorted his head out.

great point.

Apart from, whether he deserves to be used as a detterent or not. Nobodys debated my point about whether our prison system can handle locking people up when we supposedly dont have enough places.

I still say hes one that couldve gone without taking up a space and itd still have sorted his head out.

I agree we need to build more prisons, we have done for a long time. A prison building programme could provide many jobs too.

I've demonstrated that killer drivers frequently get away with a trivial fine.

I'd like to see the medical report that state cannabis was the reason a child was hurt, can you post this evidence please?

What usually happens is a plea bargain takes place and a plea of diminished responsibility is put forward if the accused used drugs, but since you still haven't linked to the story or the medical report I have no idea what you're talking about.

And I never said it was harmless, don't misrepresent what I've said please.

And what's your evidence drugged drivers get away with more than drunk drivers?

I don't think you could have got more misrepresentations, dodgy conclusions and straw men in that post if you tried.

If a killer driver is shown to have intended to cause harm to someone then they will (and do) receive harsher sentences. If they have been careless then they will receive lesser sentences...that's the way the law works.

There's plenty of people that are in prison that perhaps shouldn't be there, they could be released to make room for people who throw fire extinguishers from the roofs of tall buildings onto crowds below.

If a killer driver is shown to have intended to cause harm to someone then they will (and do) receive harsher sentences. If they have been careless then they will receive lesser sentences...that's the way the law works.

In the examples I gave, they received no penalty whatsoever.

I agree we need to build more prisons, we have done for a long time. A prison building programme could provide many jobs too.

and take much more taxes that it brings, that's before the increased number of prisoners start coming. Britain already has more lifers than any other country in west Europe. more prisons is not the answer.

willman, what on earth are you talking about?

Drug testing is common for drivers after a RTC, you haven't posted a link to any story so I have no idea what you are talking about when you keep banging on about a child's death and cannabis which has nothing to do with the subject!

drunk driving has nothing to do with the original story either if you want to take that attitude.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11970155

for a decent linkto drug testing and rta's

That people kill someone by being just as negligent as the student protester and receive a lesser penalty.
What that student did wasn't just negligent, it was deliberately and recklessly putting others' lives at risk.

A speeding motorist is in the wrong, perhaps somebody doing 60 in a 30 limit might compare to throwing a fire extinguisher off a building in a quiet road not knowing if there's anybody below.

But to throw it deliberately towards a bunch of Policemen is more akin to driving at 60mph through a crowd on a pedestrian precinct.

Archived