32 months for student who chucked the fire extinguisher.

they don't have to! they can accept whoever they want. When he tells them why he has been in prison they may well not want him!

The Open University would take him, many criminals get degrees in prison, although not in the 16 months this lad will serve, unless the sentence is reduced. Which kind of adds to the punishment.

The Open University would take him, many criminals get degrees in prison, although not in the 16 months this lad will serve, unless the sentence is reduced. Which kind of adds to the punishment.

How does it add to his punishment?

That's not a straightforward comparison since the car was stolen and the student claimed he deliberately missed hitting anyone.

Oh, I didn't realise that Edward Woollard brought his own fire extinguisher with him, sorry.

In my defense, Lee Bradley, the young man who drove the car into the crowd of people, is in court soon. Apparently he is going to claim that he was aiming for a gap.

Aaaaah didums :roll:

Its called consequences for ones actions.

Crimes may be similar but hard facts, mitigating circumstances, defences etc are very rarely similar, that is why sentences vary so much

In the case of employers they can and do cause deaths and won't be sent to prison and in the case I cited earlier only fined a £1 because the company in the judges opinion could not pay more.

no, universities do take you even if you have a criminal record, just depends on what course he wanted to do.

Most University courses are heavily oversubscribed and competition is fierce.

When students are considered for courses lots of things are taken into consideration and I suspect that few if any Uni's will want to take a chance on someone like this. It would tarnish their reputation and could cause friction with law abiding students who will want to distance themselves from a criminal less they be tarnished with the same brush.

Lets be fair, most students are as outraged by this idiot as everyone else and will want nothing to do with him.

But neither are the murder/manslaughter fictional genre's that people keep conjuring because he threw a fire extinguisher.

Proof has been given that the crimes that people are conjuring up, I.E. murder, accidental death, manslaughter and so forth have lower sentences and the higher ones are not by much.

Wife murders husband with scissors she gets 18months more than boy who throws extinguisher off a building that killed no one.

These are not make believe facts I put forward like the imaginary ifs and cudav's (<---my word just coined it, meaning could have) that have been presented thus far.

Ought cudav happened.

Indeed, and he wasn't sentanced for either murder or manslaughter, so it's a moot point. He was sentanced based on the prosecution evidence and defence presented in court. There is inconsistiency in sentancing for various crimes imo, no good will come of using one persons sentance as a benchmark to judge all other sentances for all other crimes.

Archived