32 months for student who chucked the fire extinguisher.

Aaaaah didums :roll:

Its called consequences for ones actions.

Nice to know you think employers should be held responsible for their actions, maybe you would like to make that point to your MP because so far the law protects them from facing any prison sentence in the uk

Most University courses are heavily oversubscribed and competition is fierce.

When students are considered for courses lots of things are taken into consideration and I suspect that few if any Uni's will want to take a chance on someone like this. It would tarnish their name and could cause friction with law abiding students who will want to distance themselves from a criminal less they be tarnished with the same brush.

the opposite is true for the most part. most lecturers etc are left wing. second chances etc. must be seen to be equal opportunity takers.and in some degrees it could be an advantage. many did time and went on to phds etc. aiming for the same myself.

they don't have to! they can accept whoever they want. When he tells them why he has been in prison they may well not want him!

they don't have to, no. but they don't have to NOT take you either. you're only really disqualified from SOME degrees because of SOME crimes. his being a public order crime, which most people working in uni now have from the sixties and other protests is not a big deal. do we know what he was studying?

Nice to know you think employers should be held responsible for their actions, maybe you would like to make that point to your MP because so far the law protects them from facing any prison sentence in the uk

More pie in sky guff I see...

Ever heard of corporate manslaughter? That was permissible back after Zeebrugge..

http://www.hse.gov.uk/press/2005/e05003.htm

Company director jailed following roofwork fatality

"A managing director was today sentenced to a 16-month custodial sentence following a prosecution ..... the death of Mr Daryl Arnold on 11 June 2003......No safe system of work had been prepared before the work began and no safety precautions were in place at the time of the incident. "

Yeah - they are protected from the law... sure.... only in your fantasy land where all bosses are evil nasty capitalists...

More pie in sky guff I see...

Ever heard of corporate manslaughter? That was permissible back after Zeebrugge..

http://www.hse.gov.uk/press/2005/e05003.htm

Company director jailed following roofwork fatality

"A managing director was today sentenced to a 16-month custodial sentence following a prosecution ..... the death of Mr Daryl Arnold on 11 June 2003......No safe system of work had been prepared before the work began and no safety precautions were in place at the time of the incident. "

Yeah - they are protected from the law... sure.... only in your fantasy land where all bosses are evil nasty capitalists...

But others get away with it. That's the point!

the opposite is true for the most part. most lecturers etc are left wing. second chances etc. must be seen to be equal opportunity takers.and in some degrees it could be an advantage. many did time and went on to phds etc. aiming for the same myself.

Lecturers take no part in the selection process. And while many are left wing this dosen't mean they condone criminal action. As I have already said other students feelings will need to be considered and the Universities reputation.

People get away with things all the time. That doesn't mean that everyone is protected from the law just because they own a company, Wildcat's fantasies on that point basically are just fantastic and hence totally untrue.

Lecturers take no part in the selection process. And while many are left wing this dosen't mean they condone criminal action. As I have already said other students feelings will need to be considered and the Universities reputation.

bottom line is he will get a place easy. and unless someone actually recognize him his record is confidential so no one would know. unis have reputations as places where people learn, leaders are made, second chances given, hence many different entrance paths. they don't have to condone criminality, but the rules are that unless your crime affects your job or chosen course, all being the same they have to take you. and they will.

the selection process is multi disciplinary, yes, but lecturers, especially for courses with interviews are at the fore front of the process.

not sure we're still on topic, Keith.

I don't even know what the point is anymore, hence my posts are getting more flippant.

If he'd chucked the fire extinguisher at a car on the M1 he would have got away with it, but he chose to do it on television.

bottom line is he will get a place easy. and unless someone actually recognize him his record is confidential so no one would know. unis have reputations as places where people learn, leaders are made, second chances given, hence many different entrance paths. they don't have to condone criminality, but the rules are that unless your crime affects your job or chosen course, all being the same they have to take you. and they will.

the selection process is multi disciplinary, yes, but lecturers, especially for courses with interviews are at the fore front of the process.

not sure we're still on topic, Keith.

what will he say when he gets asked why he didn't finish his A-levels on time and what he did for the next year, is he going to lie through his teeth?

Anyone stupid enough to do this should be too stupid to be invited to do a degree.

Archived