£2000 bounty on illegal immigrants, cash in.

they get money by working illegally. we all agree on that.

ok, let me try to explain my stand.

one=no matter how badly it hurts to admit, the country can not afford to find these people, take them through the courts, detain them, go through the appeals and then deport them all.

two=i would hazard, from personal experience, nothing scientific, that for every five people they catch they would only manage to send two or so back and the rest will get papers. the reason being as long it's part of the UN there are many considerations besides how they got into the country.

i'm sure there are other reason i forget. in my view.

the idea of this bounty thing has been suggested forever but will never come to be. besides the legal mine fields, the money there's the basic fact that someone working for money turning up at a door to try and apprehend someone who really was, say, a child soldier and says they trying to take them back who do you think is going to walk out of that situation on their feet. it's a nice story, but never gonna happen.

that is why i was saying, yes, they're illegal. if they commit other crimes then home it be, if it's a safe country. individually yes illegals, if it's safe to return, should.. this idea of catching thousands never gonna happen.

and the evidence on the ground proves the government knows this as they're doing pretty much all they can to give illegals that apply papers.

there's no other viable way.

It's not all about sending them back, it's stopping them being illegal and being part of the black market economy! Whilst their illegal they are vulnerable, to themselves and the economy! :loopy:

It's not all about sending them back, it's stopping them being illegal and being part of the black market economy! Whilst their illegal they are vulnerable, to themselves and the economy! :loopy:

that's exactly what i've been saying all along. and that is the reason why the 'clear up' is being done. i was ridiculing the idea that people take seriously the idea that there might be bounty hunters on the streets hunting down illegal immigrant.

i don't know what i've done to upset you. if it's because i disagree with how you see things there's not much i can do about that. if i offended you on some personal level i'm sorry. were i, perhaps younger, or weaker, your jibes would make me cry 'bullying'. but i am not, so, please, if i offended you speak up and i can apologize specifically, if not, be civil even when we might not see eye to eye.( i try to do the same.)

that's exactly what i've been saying all along. and that is the reason why the 'clear up' is being done. i was ridiculing the idea that people take seriously the idea that there might be bounty hunters on the streets hunting down illegal immigrant.

i don't know what i've done to upset you. if it's because i disagree with how you see things there's not much i can do about that. if i offended you on some personal level i'm sorry. were i, perhaps younger, or weaker, your jibes would make me cry 'bullying'. but i am not, so, please, if i offended you speak up and i can apologize specifically, if not, be civil even when we might not see eye to eye.( i try to do the same.)

Sorry, what am I doing wrong, i'm answering posts on a public forum, just like you!

that is why i was saying, yes, they're illegal. if they commit other crimes then home it be, if it's a safe country. individually yes illegals, if it's safe to return, should.. this idea of catching thousands never gonna happen..
Any crime and it should be home no ifs and buts.

One a month would be enough for me!

Just hang around Kaimani, he said yesterday that he knows loads of illegals!

And I bet he'd give us a few names if the price was right.

Anyway if fancy a partnership in 'Acme Bounty Hunters':o

Any crime and it should be home no ifs and buts.

when i said 'other' crime i meant other than having entered the country illegally. that said, there the reason you're sent home, legal or illegal, is 'if you become a threat to national security or a nuisance to the nation'.

this bounty thing. how exactly would you envisage it working? people just turn up and say I'm not a cop but I'm taking you in? and people-former child soldiers, veterans of civil wars, people working tooth and nail to feed their fam back home- just come with you. just like that?

Archived