£2000 bounty on illegal immigrants, cash in.

when i said 'other' crime i meant other than having entered the country illegally. that said, there the reason you're sent home, legal or illegal, is 'if you become a threat to national security or a nuisance to the nation'.

this bounty thing. how exactly would you envisage it working? people just turn up and say I'm not a cop but I'm taking you in? and people-former child soldiers, veterans of civil wars, people working tooth and nail to feed their fam back home- just come with you. just like that?

Probably the same as bounty hunting works elsewhere!

http://people.howstuffworks.com/bounty-hunting.htm

http://www.wikihow.com/Become-a-Bounty-Hunter

But you'd be doing your duty as a good citizen by exposing criminals unless?:suspect::suspect:

i think i do my duty as a citizen just fine. i also have a duty to be a human being.

ps- i don't just sit around and hide them. i help with things like ASSIST, NRC, collections for legal fees etc thereby bringing 'illegals' to 'legals'. don't see any conflict with my duties as a citizen with that.

thanks for a helpful answer. wonder why, with the 'obvious' need it hasn't been introduced here. could be because, especially here, were no guns are allowed everywhere, even for police, you'd have to be superman to apprehend people with, essentially, nothing more to lose. that's assuming you don't harass law abiding citizen thinking they illegal then get sued after getting your leg broken by someone protecting their property.

there's no bounty hunting in the uk.

You asked how it would work! Not whether it's currently legal in the UK... Hence the thread!

You were on about illegal occupation earlier in another thread, these people are illegally occupying here, they are a recognised problem!

thanks for a helpful answer. wonder why, with the 'obvious' need it hasn't been introduced here. could be because, especially here, were no guns are allowed everywhere, even for police, you'd have to be superman to apprehend people with, essentially, nothing more to lose. that's assuming you don't harass law abiding citizen thinking they illegal then get sued after getting your leg broken by someone protecting their property.

When you ring Crimestoppers to inform the Police about a murderer you still get the reward if your information is used to catch the criminal. It shouldn't be any different than that.

You asked how it would work! Not whether it's currently legal in the UK... Hence the thread!

You were on about illegal occupation earlier in another thread, these people are illegally occupying here, they are a recognised problem!

as per thread, unless they legalize firearms there will be more bounty hunter in hospitals that illegal immigrants getting deported. this is obvious, and the reason why they only went as far as saying 'provide information' last time round. you'd get £500 or so if your information led to a deportation. never worked so they scrapped that too.

When you ring Crimestoppers to inform the Police about a murderer you still get the reward if your information is used to catch the criminal. It shouldn't be any different than that.

they've already tried something similar. ended up with bum leads, more people than the system could handle, who then had to be released and re housed so gave it up. i get the fact that something needs to be done. they've had people working on all sorts of schemes, voluntary repatriation is the current one, but if people are willing to live illegally risking being locked up any time and yet that being their best choice you're not going to add another variable to an already volatile situation by making it so everyone's on the edge coz someone is playing wild west as a bounty hunter or anyone you see might sell you out.

imagine calling who ever, the police or someone comes to get the 'illegal' only it turns out they legal but were dragged out of their house at night or whatever with the kids watching. howz that gonna play?

as per thread, unless they legalize firearms there will be more bounty hunter in hospitals that illegal immigrants getting deported. this is obvious, and the reason why they only went as far as saying 'provide information' last time round. you'd get £500 or so if your information led to a deportation. never worked so they scrapped that too.

Your theory about guns is, er quite bizarre!

they've already tried something similar. ended up with bum leads, more people than the system could handle, who then had to be released and re housed so gave it up. i get the fact that something needs to be done. they've had people working on all sorts of schemes, voluntary repatriation is the current one, but if people are willing to live illegally risking being locked up any time and yet that being their best choice you're not going to add another variable to an already volatile situation by making it so everyone's on the edge coz someone is playing wild west as a bounty hunter or anyone you see might sell you out.

imagine calling who ever, the police or someone comes to get the 'illegal' only it turns out they legal but were dragged out of their house at night or whatever with the kids watching. howz that gonna play?

"Their best choice" as you put it, would have probably been to seek asylum at the place they ran to... Not keep going and going becoming an economic immigrant!

"Volatile situation", yes, a major part of the problem! This is why they need sorting out, because they are outlaws!

Yeah the wrongful arrests would be bad, but you've only got the illegal immigrants to blame for that!

Archived