£2000 bounty on illegal immigrants, cash in.

I think it could work. Not just for illegal immigrants either. But a legal nightmare if not done properly.

too much to consider. if a dad's illegal and the kids are not do you detain the dad? would you compensate legals that you detain by mistake? would you pay the bounty on delivery, on deportation, or arrival of the deportee to heir home country? who pays for over zealous bounty hunters being sued? and more.

too much to consider. if a dad's illegal and the kids are not do you detain the dad? would you compensate legals that you detain by mistake? would you pay the bounty on delivery, on deportation, or arrival of the deportee to heir home country? who pays for over zealous bounty hunters being sued? and more.

Good points. I can see it'd be very difficult to adminster.

But alot of those questions would be for the authorities to answer.

The bounty hunter (sounds very american!) would be paid to find a particular person and delivering to the police. It wouldn't be their problem what happened to them after that - the normal processes would occurr from that point.

The problem would be, when a goodly number of these 60,000 missing aliens start being handed over to the man, the current infrastructure, which has been proven to be pretty rubbish at what it does, will not be sufficient to deal with them. so you'd probbaly end up with people in custody indefinitely, or having them released with tags etc.

Hmmn. I like the idea, if it could be managed, but i probably wouldn't be, and would be abused.

Good points. I can see it'd be very difficult to adminster.

But alot of those questions would be for the authorities to answer.

The bounty hunter (sounds very american!) would be paid to find a particular person and delivering to the police. It wouldn't be their problem what happened to them after that - the normal processes would occurr from that point.

The problem would be, when a goodly number of these 60,000 missing aliens start being handed over to the man, the current infrastructure, which has been proven to be pretty rubbish at what it does, will not be sufficient to deal with them. so you'd probbaly end up with people in custody indefinitely, or having them released with tags etc.

Hmmn. I like the idea, if it could be managed, but i probably wouldn't be, and would be abused.

the bounty hunter, as they're not police only have certain powers. and if they use excessive force for example, to get an illegal immigrant and hurt them who pays? if the bounty hunter gets hurt, who pays?

i see the appeal though. but a mass amnesty for ones that meet some set criteria is the only real way. then control the borders after that. the illegals made legal could then properly contribute to society.

if bounty hunters were only paid by successful results then the system would work. all it needs is the will to do it. without doubt this should be done. it would create many thousands of jobs, both in catching them and in there detention. the jobs the illegals have could then be taken by legal people. people who pay tax. as it stands at the moment all bounty hunters would have todo is follow trucks from dover, or go to the most popular truckstops after dover. others would be harder to find, but not impossible.

Archived