£2000 bounty on illegal immigrants, cash in.

I believe that if they were genuine asylum seekers they would seek asylum closer to home, not travel half way round the globe to get the cushy easy target Britain. I also don't see why Europe should take on detritus from other continents.

Back on subject now please?

i can speak for Zimbabweans, they come here because while we were part of the common wealth we didn't need visas to get here. so you could claim at the air port. we've been suspended so this is no longer the case. the other reason is that people feel very strongly that the situation we're in was caused by both the animals in power and the British that took much of what they had and left it with a few. so they come here to get what they can back. whether this is right or not is besides the point, that's how it worked.

yes. of the, say, hundred or so immigrants I'm in more or less regular contact with, about fifteen or so are illegal. only two of the illegal ones work for money under the table. the others work for big multinationals and pay all taxes we pay because they get fake papers. this is the same pretty much everywhere in the country.

the reason people get fake papers is though you don't claim rebates etc you can work for big companies that respect minimum wage etc and you're likely to get promoted and stay there forever.

only the very 'uniformed' those with no language skills etc work for under the table money. the biggest no tax payers are people working while on the dole.

Philip Green and Rupert Murdoch are pretty big tax avoiders...

Most of them do. We're the fifth richest country in the world and take only 4% of the world's refugees, people you deny exist and say you would like to shoot at the same time.
Ah, you've started your deliberate misquoting again - good for you.

Do, please, show me where I have said I "would like to shoot" refugees. You can't, because you're doing that pathetic trick of yours of deliberately twisting what other posters say.

the reason the government is not too eager to do this, especially quickly is that the economy would suffer and some local authorities would crumble pretty much. there's just not enough people WILLING to do the jobs that would be left vacant. it'd cost hell of a lot to do, remove a whole economy, illegal as it may be, and leave many factories, shops, farms etc without workers.

ps-most illegals are on fake passports and NI numbers so actually pay their taxes and NIs but never get to claim rebates etc.

Rubbish there are plenty of people on the dole to fill these jobs the real truth is that illegal immigrants work for peanuts bellow the minimum wage and for longer than acceptable hours.

Do, please, show me where I have said I "would like to shoot" refugees. You can't, because you're doing that pathetic trick of yours of deliberately twisting what other posters say.

You said dead or alive would be "good sport"

Wild West style "Dead or Alive" would make for good sport.

What amazes me is that spindrift does this on just about every topic he's involved in yet mods let him constantly get away with it.

Nobody is more vulnerable than a child arriving alone as an asylum seeker. This child may have been a victim of trafficking or sent to the UK for safety reasons.

There are 5,200 asylum seeker/refugee children in British social services care, but the systems for looking after them are seriously in need of review.

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/asylum-seeker-refugee-children.html

Most of the children are from Iraq, Somalia, Zimbabwe, Afghanistan, China, and Iran.

I take it you don't believe human rights abuses exist in those countries? :loopy:

There are countries much nearer than the UK for them to go to.

How many Asylum seekers/refugees have we got in the UK from Scandinavia, Holland, Germany, France, Eire and other countries adjacent to the UK

Archived