Bankers win again

The banks are loyal only to making money. If they can make more of it abroad then they will move there regardless of anything we might do to try and keep them here.

We need to build up other income sources in this country so we are not over reliant on the banking sector. Easier said than done, but deeply necessary.

We should be ploughing money into research and development, science and technology (and by implication, Universities) to develop new products and methods. We desperately need to make and sell things, to give ourselves a firm and real economic base.

Also, all countries need to join together to regulate the Global banking industry, to bring back control, before the whole sorry story repeats itself as it surely will.

Totally agree but unforutnately its meant to be the banks that help the new/small business get going/keep alfoat, thats not happening but also under your plan, which as I say I totally agree with, where would the money come from?

it wouldn't be that big a cost, a few tens of millions at most, probably a lot less, that's back of the sofa change for a big bank.

perhaps we have pretty much reached that point now.

Thats why Cable got shifted I think, this scandal that he was involved in was bang at the time he was going to hit the banks hard, so then it was only the Chancellor who met with the banks and he gave in

Totally agree but unforutnately its meant to be the banks that help the new/small business get going/keep alfoat, thats not happening but also under your plan, which as I say I totally agree with, where would the money come from?

Do you think that the banks should be obliged to lend money to people who aren't going to be able to pay it back?

Wasn't that a major cause of the original problem?

If I ran a bank (and I do not, nor do I work for one) I would certainly want to lend money. Lending money is how banks make money. - But I wouldn't want to lend it to people who couldn't afford to pay it back.

If we can pour billions of pounds into keeping the banks afloat, if we can print money when it suits, if we can afford wars in distant countries ...etc..etc... then surely money can be found if there's a will.

Archived