Smoking weed on the dole

thing is only the major supermarkets take part. for the kind of money you get on vouchers you need netto, castle market etc to buy the quantities you need.

the main problem with the voucher system is with junkies and the like, though.

Nope- i'm talking corner shops, ran independantly.I know of 2 in pitsmorr, 1 in shiregreen and 1 in Lowedges that take the milk/ veg tokens as payment for anything. I have seen people swapping them for cigarettes. I also have a friend who was breast feeding, so she didn't need to buy formula, but chose to buy milk and veg for the other kids and the shop assistant let her have bread on it too. It is not only major supermarkets that take tokens

Do you mean how many kids do I have? Or how many kids does a person have- a rhetorical question?

I have no kids. I choose to develop my career and ensure I have a safe and secure environment to bring my kids into where I don't have to rely on anyone else, apart from their father obviously.

I'm not saying kids born to people on benefits are in an unsafe environment either, just that this is how I prefer to live my life

sensible thing to do. the thing i was trying to prove was that if this person you speak of had no kinds she'd be much worse off than you, and still is see as she has to feed her kids.

you're right, though, if everyone can take steps to be able to care for their own, then only the really needy would, well, need the help. still, the country needs to keep breeding. we can't have everyone working on their careers.

Nope- i'm talking corner shops, ran independantly.I know of 2 in pitsmorr, 1 in shiregreen and 1 in Lowedges that take the milk/ veg tokens as payment for anything. I have seen people swapping them for cigarettes. I also have a friend who was breast feeding, so she didn't need to buy formula, but chose to buy milk and veg for the other kids and the shop assistant let her have bread on it too. It is not only major supermarkets that take tokens

not saying the voucher system doesn't work at all. just saying it works for far too few people. and for the majority it doesn't work it goes really badly.

that's why it's being phased out.

sensible thing to do. the thing i was trying to prove was that if this person you speak of had no kinds she'd be much worse off than you, and still is see as she has to feed her kids.

you're right, though, if everyone can take steps to be able to care for their own, then only the really needy would, well, need the help. still, the country needs to keep breeding. we can't have everyone working on their careers.

Yep, and I suppose it's a whole other thread, but it gets up my nose when benefit cuts are threatened and people say "well we are doing a job, we're bringing kids up" like they genuinely think that they are doing a better job than working mums and dads, and that they should be remunerated for it??

Originally Posted by spindrift

Ten thousand people died in alcohol-related circumstances last year. Cannabis killed nobody. If the parent's concern is the smoke then they could cook the cannabis in biscuits.

I'll ask you directly again. Would you have a problem with parents smoking cannabis while their children are in their care?

FYI spindrift wants Cannabis legalised (and other drugs) to be used openly like George Michael did followed by his car mounting a pavement.

Spindrift obviously thinks cannabis will carry a health warning saying "Not in front of the kids"

Yep, and I suppose it's a whole other thread, but it gets up my nose when benefit cuts are threatened and people say "well we are doing a job, we're bringing kids up" like they genuinely think that they are doing a better job than working mums and dads, and that they should be remunerated for it??

i agree with you. yes, child bearing is important. but the world being what it is, everyone has to work for money as well as have kids. everyone who can, that is. the problem is the situation has gone on for so long that it can't be dealt with overnight. there are grown men who say they never saw their dad work a day, and, needless to say, they do all they can to not work.

incapacity exists, no question. but things like being overweight shouldn't be incapacity. having a bad knee doesn't mean you can't do ALL jobs. depression can be treated...

Plenty of people smoke fags around children. I've seen toddlers be given Coca Cola in a weaning bottle. Should those children be taken into care?

I was just thinking the same - or even having a few beers in the house? Perhaps the OP would like the kids of anyone on benefits taken into care? Might their return be used as a incentive to find work?

*** I don't believe that this is a good idea! If I were a kid, I'd sooner have a mam who may or may not enjoy a spliff, or a fag or a few beers every now and then, than be in care! Good God! What a thing to wish on a kid who has a family???***

Why don't you start a thread about alcohol?

[Faux Mod]

You got nearly all of your rants deleted earlier and you've come back for a second go. Let people talk about what they want to talk about or report the post if it so offensive to you. It isn't your job to tell people what they can or cannot say.

[/Faux Mod Moi]

Archived