Smoking weed on the dole

how many 'good care homes' would be needed? how would they be paid for? what would happen to the parents? how much weed would be detrimental? would the parents then need to be locked up for endangerment etc? where?

something should be done, i agree totally, but what to do is the problem.

There was an interview on R4 yesterday with a reformed convict who had killed as a child. He was talking about the shock of the change when he went from him home life to prison. He suddenly started to have a warm room, bedding, clean clothes and three meals a day. For him life was better in care than at home.

Easy answer, pay people like this with vouchers where ID to match the voucher has to be shown to use them.

At least for the bulk of the the benefits.

very very good idea... just been discussing this at work and surely its a viable option? Also dont forget a lot of them get money on the side from ''odd jobs'' and ''favours''..... think I might give the fraud line a bell about one particular scrote!!

Smoking weed on the odd occassion to relax I do not have a problem with. But when you are in the company of children/ pregnant/ smoking everyday when you are on benefits it is wrong.

To think im paying my taxes for them to sit at home smoking makes me seethe.

Vouchers are the way forward- for their kids nappies, food and bills. no more no less.

how many 'good care homes' would be needed? how would they be paid for? what would happen to the parents? how much weed would be detrimental? would the parents then need to be locked up for endangerment etc? where?

something should be done, i agree totally, but what to do is the problem.

Maybe it's time to bring back the workhouse system ?

The voucher thing is a good idea, i dont know why they dont bring it in.

creates a black market economy where addicts sell what they bought with the vouchers then buying drugs so getting a lot less than what the vouchers was worth therefore needing a lot more to buy enough drugs.

There was an interview on R4 yesterday with a reformed convict who had killed as a child. He was talking about the shock of the change when he went from him home life to prison. He suddenly started to have a warm room, bedding, clean clothes and three meals a day. For him life was better in care than at home.

Precisely. People rant about how bad care homes are- but what is the other option- living in a home with drugs knocking about being ''looked after'' by your stoned parents?? come on people wake up!!!

some do get good homes, yes. but imagine if the take-the-kids-off-weed smokers etc thing is done. we'd have 100 times more kids flooding the system was my point. we'd have a lot less success than we do now.

Precisely. People rant about how bad care homes are- but what is the other option- living in a home with drugs knocking about being ''looked after'' by your stoned parents?? come on people wake up!!!

care homes are not all bad. they come as the dim light at the end of a lot dark tunnel. my point is taking kids off a lot more people would require a lot more homes, more money than is affordable, i think, and much more room for abuse. just look at the elderly people care home situation when it grew too fast.

Archived