Smoking weed on the dole

totally agree.... you really would have to be sick in the head to sell vouchers meant for your kids.

I am not in anyway saying it is okay to drink or that booze is less detrimental than weed.... In fact this thread was about people who use money meant for putting food on the table/ roof over their heads, on weed. Sorry for any confusion.

agreed. but then again, the people who already buy £20 weed instead of food and diapers are sick. they'll sell them.

didn't read the whole thing but you're right. your source seems to say that. up to what levels though, before it starts to slow your reactions down. because we all know that it eventually does.

I think you've misunderstood.

Increased reaction time means worse, slower reactions, not better faster ones.

We should do the best for our children with what we have. My husband and I smoked when our kids were small, just as our parents did when we were young. Of course smoking was good for us in those days :roll:, and much more affordable. Thankfully our children grew up healthy.

No-one in our close family smokes now. My OH and I have certainly become more knowledgeable about the dangers of smoking, and as pensioners we need our money for more important things, like heating and food. ;)

If people on benefits/low incomes are heavy smokers, drinkers or drug users, then I don't understand how they can afford to pay for those luxuries (and lets be honest, they are luxuries) as well as providing necessities for their children. But there have always been parents who see the needs of their children as secondary, and unless the level of neglect is severe (when action must be taken), I don't know what realistically could be done to change that.

We should do the best for our children with what we have. My husband and I smoked when our kids were small, just as our parents did when we were young. Of course smoking was good for us in those days :roll:, and much more affordable. Thankfully our children grew up healthy.No-one in our close family smokes now. My OH and I have certainly become more knowledgeable about the dangers of smoking, and as pensioners we need our money for more important things, like heating and food. ;)

If people on benefits/low incomes are heavy smokers, drinkers or drug users, then I don't understand how they can afford to pay for those luxuries (and lets be honest, they are luxuries) as well as providing necessities for their children. But there have always been parents who see the needs of their children as secondary, and unless the level of neglect is severe (when action must be taken), I don't know what realistically could be done to change that.

When I had my little boy 3 years ago nearly, we took him to visit My Aunt who is in her 50's. She was smoking and my partner had to tell her not smoke in front of the baby! She looked so shocked! She said when she had her kids she used to sit at the kitchen table with a cup of tea and a fag while breastfeeding! I couldn't get over it! but she said when she had her kids there wasn't a big fuss about not smoking!

We should do the best for our children with what we have. My husband and I smoked when our kids were small, just as our parents did when we were young. Of course smoking was good for us in those days :roll:, and much more affordable. Thankfully our children grew up healthy.

No-one in our close family smokes now. My OH and I have certainly become more knowledgeable about the dangers of smoking, and as pensioners we need our money for more important things, like heating and food. ;)

I accept wholeheartedly that some parents who OCCASSIONALLY smoke weed to relax have no problems whatsoever being good parents.

I am talking about people who I know of- eg the single mum who had to have a DNA test to prove who her babys father was, asking for weed at 9 months pregnant.

These are the types who need strict action taking against them.

As we all know the problem with making a law and then not being able to enforce it is problematic.

Cannabis is a class B drug. An illegal one, but the police and most people know that the use of it is rife.

It is everywhere.

The police know that if they charged and locked up everyone who continued to smoke this illegal drug there would have to be hundreds of prisons built to house them all and of course that isnt going to happen.

There are many people who beleive that the Uk should be more like The Netherlands and have a much more liberal attitude to the taking of this drug.

Many do beleive it has therapeutic effects.

Many think that the dangers caused by alcohol which is a legal substance far outweighs the dangers that are there due to the misuse of cannabis.

Personally I dont like the drug it as I see first hand what it does to peoples mental health especially those who are prone to paranoia anyway, and in my line of work I know many who are.

Archived