Smoking weed on the dole

all their benefits taken away and kids put into a good care home.

Are you serious? The care system has probably done a lot more damage to a lot more kids than having a parent who smokes a bit of weed! It would be interesting to see any figures on how many people currently in prison went through the care system in their informative years - I would hazard a guess to it being a high percentage. I would also stick my neck on the line and say its a higher percentage than the number of people in prison with weed smoking parents.

if you were a good parent you wouldnt smoke weed. End of

You seem to be judging all parents on the example you use in your original post. She may have many other issues and, on the face of it, she sounds very immature. Smoking weed, or taking any drug for that matter, does not make an otherwise good parent suddenly become a bad parent.

We already have a voucher system for fruit/veg/salad and milk.

The problem with them are that they cannot be used in small corner shops or wholesalers, pretty much the only place you can use them is mini-marts and supermarkets.

Meaning the choice of places to buy food is removed and prices dictated by those who qualify for the voucher scheme.

The problem with them are that they cannot be used in small corner shops or wholesalers, pretty much the only place you can use them is mini-marts and supermarkets.

Meaning the choice of places to buy food is removed and prices dictated by those who qualify for the voucher scheme.

I was in a supermarket in Nashville Tennessee where I presented a travellers check to pay for my goods, "Is that a food coupon?" the cashier drawled.

Too many failed families. Too easy to have kids without a job and have the state pick up the bill.

The welfare system needs breaking up and starting again. It's created this Jeremy Kyle sub-species of human.

Give it another couple of generations and there will be a tipping point.

Too many failed families. Too easy to have kids without a job and have the state pick up the bill.

The welfare system needs breaking up and starting again. It's created this Jeremy Kyle sub-species of human.

Give it another couple of generations and there will be a tipping point.

agreed. but i do think it needs fixing before two generations. welfare must stay, but a new better kind.

there was a very short lived scheme when people got 35 pounds worth of M&S vouchers for food and toiletries a week. that was a joke.

Archived