Smoking weed on the dole

Too many failed families. Too easy to have kids without a job and have the state pick up the bill.

The welfare system needs breaking up and starting again. It's created this Jeremy Kyle sub-species of human.

Give it another couple of generations and there will be a tipping point.

Amen to that... to them its a normal way of life. If anyone challenges it (for example Jeremy Kyle lol) they dont even think it is wrong. And that is the fault of the state. Well done Labour!!

Amen to that... to them its a normal way of life. If anyone challenges it (for example Jeremy Kyle lol) they dont even think it is wrong. And that is the fault of the state. Well done Labour!!

I wouldn't hold Mr Kyle up as the saviour of the working classes. The sheer number of dope smokers in the country suggests many many parents indulge, I've never once heard of a child being taken into care for it.

agreed. but i do think it needs fixing before two generations. welfare must stay, but a new better kind.

Welfare absolutely must stay. Welfare is a force for good. The problem is the widespread abuse that it has suffered over the last 30 years.

It, and the loss of masses of relatively unskilled jobs, has transformed good decent working class families into vermin.

I wouldn't hold Mr Kyle up as the saviour of the working classes. The sheer number of dope smokers in the country suggests many many parents indulge, I've never once heard of a child being taken into care for it.

oh come on it was obvious I was having a joke about Mr Kyle...

ruined thread- happy days!

Essentially your main point was about bad parenting and attaching a link to a drug. Where can it possibly go? One can either rant about anecdotes or discuss substance abuse in general, but we're being shoe-horned into discussing one drug imparticular.

All drug abuse is bad, and that includes all legal and illegal drugs. If looking after a child while taking drugs is bad then that equally applies to all drugs, legal or illegal. We're not allowed to mention other drugs though, so here is our impasse. :)

i thought it was about the link between drug abuse and bad parenting as a uniquely 'dole' people phenomenon.

If it is then we can only agree, which makes it natural for people to go off-topic.

Sitting on the dole and smoking weed all day long, while being a bad parents, is bad. There. Are we back on topic now? :)

Archived