Smoking weed on the dole

If it is then we can only agree, which makes it natural for people to go off-topic.

Sitting on the dole and smoking weed all day long, while being a bad parents, is bad. There. Are we back on topic now? :)

i would have been more content with the same conclusion, on condition we agreed that the same was just as rife in the working and middle classes.

the OP, i think, implies this is not the case.

there was also the question of how to 'deal' with the 'problem':hihi:

See this annoys me, how do people get anywhere near this much? There may be a few people that get massive amounts of money, but not everyone does. I get benefits and it drives me insane people thinking I must be loaded or something. I don't want benefits, I have a degree, I am also a single mum with one still quite young child. I apply for jobs and never ever get even an interview, jobs are slightly limited as it would have to be over 16hr and daytime hours, but I still apply for a wide range. After water and insurances, gas, electric, I have nothing or very near to nothing and I would think I was quite good with my money.

How are people getting so much, what am I missing?

If you get around £190 a week for one person income support and child benefit/ tax credit for 3 kids, that is £770 per month. If rent is £75 per week (4 x 75= 300) and is paid that makes it £1070 a month. Than add in around £75 per month council tax. This equals £1145, which is not much less than I get in wages

We already have a voucher system for fruit/veg/salad and milk.

The problem with them are that they cannot be used in small corner shops or wholesalers, pretty much the only place you can use them is mini-marts and supermarkets.

Meaning the choice of places to buy food is removed and prices dictated by those who qualify for the voucher scheme.

But there are some shops who will take them as payment for anything. I know this for a fact as I have seen it done.

If you get around £190 a week for one person income support and child benefit/ tax credit for 3 kids, that is £770 per month. If rent is £75 per week (4 x 75= 300) and is paid that makes it £1070 a month. Than add in around £75 per month council tax. This equals £1145, which is not much less than I get in wages

the question then becomes 'how many kids do you have?'

But there are some shops who will take them as payment for anything. I know this for a fact as I have seen it done.

thing is only the major supermarkets take part. for the kind of money you get on vouchers you need netto, castle market etc to buy the quantities you need.

the main problem with the voucher system is with junkies and the like, though.

Ten thousand people died in alcohol-related circumstances last year. Cannabis killed nobody. If the parent's concern is the smoke then they could cook the cannabis in biscuits.

I'll ask you directly again. Would you have a problem with parents smoking cannabis while their children are in their care?

the question then becomes 'how many kids do you have?'

Do you mean how many kids do I have? Or how many kids does a person have- a rhetorical question?

I have no kids. I choose to develop my career and ensure I have a safe and secure environment to bring my kids into where I don't have to rely on anyone else, apart from their father obviously.

I'm not saying kids born to people on benefits are in an unsafe environment either, just that this is how I prefer to live my life

thing is only the major supermarkets take part. for the kind of money you get on vouchers you need netto, castle market etc to buy the quantities you need.

the main problem with the voucher system is with junkies and the like, though.

they should get vouchers to spend at markets, netto etc- but as others have said they will need to be I.D proof vouchers.

If they are found to be abusing the voucher system then leave them to rot :) simples

Archived