Car insurance advice

As I see it if its your policy and if you have an accident the consequences of that are yours and not someone that is on your policy but probably not even in the car at the time.

If the named driver was driving at the time obviously when they come to renew their own insurance they would be telling a porky if they said no when asked ……… “have you been involved in a accident or made a claim.”

The NCB would only be lost on the policy the accident it happened on, so only you would lose NCB. I think if she had an accident that was her fault in your car, it would still only be your policy that loses the NCB (although she would probably have to declare she had an 'at fault' claim to her insurance).

NCB is normally built up per policy, so if you have two cars with two seperate policies, have an at fault crash in one of them, the other policy still keeps its NCB (although you will have to declare the accident to all your insurers).

I'm not sure how the whole thing works with the household multicar policies like Admiral do.

Like others have said, it won't affect her policy.

Its stupid how putting a woman on your policy will bring the price down - even if she doesn't ever drive the car.

I found another odd loophole last year. I always stated "upto 12,000 miles". But thought I might start doing more, so I put "upto 14,000" and the premium dropped by £20. It did again for 16,000 but started to climb again at 18,000!

Its stupid how putting a woman on your policy will bring the price down - even if she doesn't ever drive the car.

!

It doesn’t have to be a woman it just as to be a more experienced driver, I guess the thinking is if the more experienced driver is driving then that’s less time for the inexperienced driver to be behind the wheel.

Also the insurer may assume that the more experienced driver may be in the car even when they're not driving thus offering experience to the “new” driver.

As an insurer who would you think is a greater risk, a teenager on their own gaining experience on their own or one with their parents on the policy keeping an eye on them.

It doesn’t have to be a woman it just as to be a more experienced driver, I guess the thinking is if the more experienced driver is driving then that’s less time for the inexperienced driver to be behind the wheel.

Not always. My brother tried it by adding me to his policy and it went up. Been driving over 20 years, at least ten years NCD.

But adding his girlfriend with zero NCD and a couple of years driving experience brought it down.

Sexist scum.

Archived