Cat Mess On The Garden

Ripped loads of concrete up last year and lawned the garden with view of daughter playing on it this year, its nice etc etc but not huge....

Problem is neighbours cat is messing on the grass none stop.....

Have a dog myself that has its own fenced off run to keep its mess off the garden etc etc.....

What can I do ? I dont want to use chemicals because of dog and child

Apparently according to a post I once read on here, dogs love to eat cat poo, it has nutrients in it that they are attracted to! Just let the dog on the grass to hoover it all up! Job done!

Hasn't this thread been done like a thousands times?

It has and it is nonsense because cats bury their faeces. They are in fact very clean animals.

The last time it was on some moron was boasting that he threw stones at cats and even worse taught his children to do the same.

It has and it is nonsense because cats bury their faeces. They are in fact very clean animals.

The last time it was on some moron was boasting that he threw stones at cats and even worse taught his children to do the same.

It's pointless saying that, it's been said before, and as the OP has said they have seen it, and I have also seen cats 'curl one out' on a lawn without digging and burying it.

I have equally seen cats bury their mess.

So whilst cats are generally very cleans animals and bury it, some don't.

Quite simple.

Ripped loads of concrete up last year and lawned the garden with view of daughter playing on it this year, its nice etc etc but not huge....

Problem is neighbours cat is messing on the grass none stop.....

Have a dog myself that has its own fenced off run to keep its mess off the garden etc etc.....

What can I do ? I dont want to use chemicals because of dog and child

So this lawn area has no borders of soil. I find it difficult to beleive that a cat will poo on your lawn and not try to bury it.

Our cats will go out in the snow and dig down to the earth to cover their poo.

We have foxes up here and they will go out of their way to conceal their discharge.

The cat in question must be well fed to perform it's actions "none stop".

Have you spoke with your neighbour about your problem, if what you say is correct I would not watch it out of the window I would be out and discuraging the cat. Your account of the situation does not register with me

If you actually see the cat when it's pooping, try getting a water pistol and giving it a quick squirt! It won't hurt the cat, but might act as a deterrent.

I had success with some stuff called Lion's Roar - it's pellets of lion poop (but it doesn't smell to humans), which you scatter on your lawn. The idea is that the smell of a big cat puts off the other cats. I got it from a garden centre.

Archived