There's crazy Muslims and Lordy there's some crazy Christians!

this is why i'm not sure i want my seeds to follow mine or their mothers' religion. it plays havoc on a kid's brain to doubt what their parents say yet have to follow it anyway. think i'll let them decide when they're older, but also think they might be missing a whole side of their parents' lives.

An admirable thing to do Kaimani, you can explain to them what you believe and that it isn't necessarily correct, that they will have to decide for themselves, they don't have to miss any side of your lives.

When my son asks me about religions, that's what i do, explain my beliefs and that i'm not necessarily right :thumbsup:

I found a Hindu crazy! This Hindu man is craziest of crazies 'cos this crazy did something crazy and got other crazies blamed for his craziness!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-12180193

Do I get bonus points?

Would you like to start a thread about them scuba? We can all add our two pennorth, meanwhile this one's about ridiculing the practises of the Westboro Baptists.

You do it yourself. Your God is the biggest murderer around.

http://www.evilbible.com/Murder.htm#Sabbath

Below is what God thinks should happen to people who follow other religions.

Kill Followers of Other Religions.

1) If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him.

Rape and Baby Killing

Anyone who is captured will be run through with a sword. Their little children will be dashed to death right before their eyes. Their homes will be sacked and their wives raped by the attacking hordes. For I will stir up the Medes against Babylon, and no amount of silver or gold will buy them off. The attacking armies will shoot down the young people with arrows. They will have no mercy on helpless babies and will show no compassion for the children. (Isaiah 13:15-18 NLT)

What have you got to say about this then Graham?

You always go on about Islam being a bad religion and yet your own advocates rape and killing children and killing followers of other religions.

Hypocrite.

You always go on about Islam being a bad religion and yet your own advocates rape and killing children and killing followers of other religions.

Hypocrite.

mafya forgive me preaching at you, but it's the Westboro Baptists we're giving a kicking not Christians generally :)

Hypocrite.

That is Judaism from the Old Testament from which Mohamed got his inspiration. It isn't Christianity which is totally different and much, much better. :)

I appreciate this source is not exactly reliable, but it presents an interesting argument that Fred Phelps uses Westboro Baptist Church, to provoke responses that he can then litigate against for profit.

http://kanewj.com/wbc/

It would be interesting to see if there are other sources making similar arguments.

His history is certainly not all you might expect. He has stood for positions in the local democrat party, and whilst that means little on its own.... according to wikipedia he received 30% of the vote in 1992 and 15% in 1998, something that does have significance. He seems to have become more extreme as time has passed and I doubt he would get 100 votes were he to stand now, but this history does seem a little at odds with what you might expect.

Fred Phelps and his church highlights and perhaps parodies a section of US society that is only a little less extreme, the religious right in America.... the sort of people that follow the Tea Party and Sarah Palin. The 'acceptable' face of US extremism, where ignorance and prejudice seem to be seen as assets, indeed if you believe their claims potentially having a big impact on the US democratic process.

Troubling as Westboro Baptists are, I think the real danger lies elsewhere and more troublingly within what is the mainstream of US politics.

Archived