There's crazy Muslims and Lordy there's some crazy Christians!

I will remind you again to remain on topic. Final warning after this suspensions are likely to be handed out.

I'm unsure if this warning is for me or not. I thought I was being on topic, whether Fred Phelps is a Christian or not surely is relevant to this thread?

I said earlier, the Jews stoned prostitutes, while Jesus spoke kindly to them. If Phelps was a Christian he would be following the example set by Jesus.

That's a bit of a deflection really. You have claimed that Fred Phelp's understanding of the bible is wrong and therefore he is not a Christian. (an argument that I don't think holds any water anyway but sod it I'll humor you).

I'm asking you what gives you the authority to say that his interpretation of the bible is wrong and yours is right?

Actually, it's a christian cult that is under discussion, no families. Do try to stick to the topic of the thread.

A christian congregation/cult (where's the line?) which happens to consist largely of one extended family. To be fair, he is on topic, if very silly.

That's a bit of a deflection really. You have claimed that Fred Phelp's understanding of the bible is wrong and therefore he is not a Christian. (an argument that I don't think holds any water anyway but sod it I'll humor you).

I'm asking you what gives you the authority to say that his interpretation of the bible is wrong and yours is right?

A Christian as you know is someone who follows the teaching of Jesus who said we shouldn't even call people "fool." Phelps does far more than that, in other words he is not following the teaching of Jesus.

Here is something about him. The whole thread including the title is wrong.

"The Westboro Baptist Church, of Topeka, Kansas, is a hate group masquerading as a Christian church....Needless to say, the despicable teachings and practices of this extremist group fall outside those of historic, orthodox Christianity."

http://www.apologeticsindex.org/111-westboro-baptist-church

Archived