There's crazy Muslims and Lordy there's some crazy Christians!

"the despicable teachings and practices of this extremist group fall outside those of historic, orthodox Christianity."

http://www.apologeticsindex.org/111-westboro-baptist-church

A completely unsubstantiated claim made by a Christian apologetics website. It makes no attempt to back that up whatsoever, it just asserts it without any evidence whatsoever. Not even an attempt to make up some evidence or a flimsy argument, just a throwaway sentence.

I'll ask one more time, seeing as you still haven't answered, what gives you the authority to say that his interpretation of the bible is wrong and yours is right?

Definitely not Christian wouldn't you agree?

How is he not Xian? The god in the bible punished adults he was displeased with by amongst others acts of unpleasantness killing their children on numerous occasions.

As such how is it "not Christian" for Westboro Baptist Church to glorify in what they regard as their god continuing in the tradition his holy books boasts about?

So there are no crazy Christians?

There are crazy people in all walks of life and if they really are crazy then they need sympathy and understanding.

I reported this thread from the beginning and I said it was mischief making which it is, but it was allowed to run. If it had been belittling Muslims it would have been closed by now.

Instead of which you choose to make an example of someone who has been discredited by all Christian groups and this thread is no credit either to you or the forum.

There are crazy people in all walks of life and if they really are crazy then they need sympathy and understanding.

I reported this thread from the beginning and I said it was mischief making which it is, but it was allowed to run. If it had been belittling Muslims it would have been closed by now.

Instead of which you choose to make an example of someone who has been discredited by all Christian groups and this thread is no credit either to you or the forum.

Seems pretty popular tho G.:)

You still sidestep the question. This thread is discussing a current important topic you would be foaming at the mouth if it was just about muslim crazies.

I reported this thread from the beginning and I said it was mischief making which it is, but it was allowed to run. If it had been belittling Muslims it would have been closed by now

..the thread wasn't intended to belittle Christians, it was intended to denounce a group of 'Christians' who ironically you now claim aren't Christians at all because they don't 'follow the teachings of Jesus Christ'.

The threads relating to Muslims invariably degenerate into a criticism of all Muslims and Islam not just the extremists-you're particularly good at making sensational generalisations about them, something I've been careful not to do with regards to Christians on this thread.

Ps: just because people want to discuss a subject you're uncomfortable with doesn't make it mischief making, so Im not sure on what basis you believed complaining about it was justified.

Grahame,

Making an example of a total asshat like phelps has no bearing on Christians, just as a thread having a pop as somone like abu hamza has a bearing on Muslims.

It is not a religous related thread, it's about a dingbat who deserves to cop for some abuse for his disgusting idea released within the last week of jeering at the familly of a murdered child at her funeral.

Phelps is wrong to do what he does which is vile and everyone agrees, I was even congratulated for saying that, but he is certainly not unintelligent like Plain Talker said and accusing a group of people as only having half a brain is way out of order imo.

You've avoided answering my question (surprise, surprise). So, let me try asking it in a slightly different way, in case you didn't understand what I was saying last time.

You criticised PT because "accusing a group of people as only having half a brain is way out of order imo."

You called Phelps "vile" - which is an insult.

Why is OK for you to insult Phelps but not OK for PT to insult his followers?

You've avoided answering my question (surprise, surprise). So, let me try asking it in a slightly different way, in case you didn't understand what I was saying last time.

You criticised PT because "accusing a group of people as only having half a brain is way out of order imo."

You called Phelps "vile" - which is an insult.

Why is OK for you to insult Phelps but not OK for PT to insult his followers?

What Phelps does is wrong and everyone agrees that what he does is vile, it is a known and acknowledged fact and even the American government is having to take steps to prevent him continuing his activities. We know this to be true, while PT instead of condemning his actions which we are agreed are wrong took it a step further and insulted the person.

The point is we have evidence about what he does and we are agreed that is is wrong, but PT went into unknown territory and insulted several peoples intelligence. Now Fred Phelps was a lawyer that requires intelligence and if his children take after him, and they seem a bright bunch, then they probably have higher than average I.Q. One was a true statement, while insulting a whole group of people by saying they only have half a brain between them is not only patently untrue but is abusive and an insult against the person, but PT excelled herself and went on to insult all the people, not for what they do, but for who they are which is something altogether different as well as probably being untrue.

Archived