There's crazy Muslims and Lordy there's some crazy Christians!

Phelps would condemn a child to Hell if he could! (How horrible can you get?)

Jesus called the children to him and said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. (Luke 18:16 NIV)

That is the difference between Phelps hatred and Christ’s love.

Jesus firmly believed in the teachings of what we know as the Old Testament. Therefore he agreed with murder.

http://www.evilbible.com/do_not_ignore_ot.htm

4) Jesus criticizes the Jews for not killing their disobedient children according to Old Testament law. Mark.7:9-13 "Whoever curses father or mother shall die" (Mark 7:10 NAB)

3) Jesus strongly approves of the law and the prophets. He hasn’t the slightest objection to the cruelties of the Old Testament. "Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place." (Matthew 5:17 NAB)

5) Jesus is criticized by the Pharisees for not washing his hands before eating. He defends himself by attacking them for not killing disobedient children according to the commandment: “He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.” (Matthew 15:4-7)

Phelps would condemn a child to Hell if he could! (How horrible can you get?)

Jesus called the children to him and said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. (Luke 18:16 NIV)

That is the difference between Phelps hatred and Christ’s love.

New International Version then, well there maybe another next year that changes the wording yet again, fluid isn't it.

I base that notion on my personal view about Jesus as evidenced in the new testament. Jesus had a message of love, not hate.

At every Church I was ever required to attend the bibles had both an old and a new testament. Readings were made, with every sign of approval, from both old and new testaments. I was told that there was but one god and that he was the god of the Bible not the god of the New Testament alone.

The story of the supposed 'Exodus' of the Jewish peoples from Egypt for example was commonly read both in church and Sunday school. Given your sole emphasis upon the New Testament you may not be aware of this but according to the Bibles story of the Exodus the God of the bible killed all the 1st born of Egypt:

Ex 12:29-30 And it came to pass, that at midnight the LORD smote all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sat on his throne unto the firstborn of the captive that was in the dungeon; and all the firstborn of cattle. And Pharaoh rose up in the night, he, and all his servants, and all the Egyptians; and there was a great cry in Egypt; for there was not a house where there was not one dead.

This to punish Pharaoh for something your god himself had made Pharoah do; "the LORD hardened Pharaoh's heart, so that he would not let the children of Israel go out of his land." The Ten Commandments which Christians seem pretty keen on have their origin in the narrative of the Exodus.

Another occasion when the bible boasts of your god slaughtering children because their parents displeased him is the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah. The New Testament has Jesus himself referencing this slaughter (Matthew 11 & Luke 17) when he threatened people with worse as part of what you oddly describe as a 'message of love':

Mat 11:23-24 And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted unto heaven, shalt be brought down to hell: for if the mighty works, which have been done in thee, had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day. But I say unto you, That it shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment, than for thee.

So please do explain how these Westboro Baptist's are "Definitely not Christian" when they are simply continuing the bible's disgusting tradition of glorying the slaughtering of children as punishment for the 'sins' of their parents.

A christian congregation/cult (where's the line?) which happens to consist largely of one extended family. To be fair, he is on topic, if very silly.

They do have other supporters though, so it's not only about a family. Anyway, it's their actions, not them as people that is being discussed.

they need sympathy and understanding.

I take it you feel the same about the crazy muslim poppy burners, or the crazy muslim protesters at funerals? Or are you going to let your hypocrisy shine through?

It was to highlight the activities of the Westboro Baptists, I've said so several times throughout the thread so would have thought it was more than obvious.

Some people are reading far too much into things and are getting the wrong answers due to their own prejudices/agendas:D.

Perhaps your words are not enough and you should try to portray your message through the medium of dance and put it up on youtube?

Why not picket the funeral of a rabbit (or something)?:D

Jesus firmly believed in the teachings of what we know as the Old Testament. Therefore he agreed with murder.

http://www.evilbible.com/do_not_ignore_ot.htm

4) Jesus criticizes the Jews for not killing their disobedient children according to Old Testament law. Mark.7:9-13 "Whoever curses father or mother shall die" (Mark 7:10 NAB)

3) Jesus strongly approves of the law and the prophets. He hasn’t the slightest objection to the cruelties of the Old Testament. "Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place." (Matthew 5:17 NAB)

5) Jesus is criticized by the Pharisees for not washing his hands before eating. He defends himself by attacking them for not killing disobedient children according to the commandment: “He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.” (Matthew 15:4-7)

This is not the right thread so I will briefly say with regard to Phelps that his 'theology' was based on the Jewish teaching of the Old Testament which Jesus rejected and he gave us a New Covenant which is Christianity. About the Old Testament Jewish teaching Jesus said,

44 "You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies."

John 8.

New International Version then, well there maybe another next year that changes the wording yet again, fluid isn't it.

"But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Suffer little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God." (Luke 18:16 KJV)

That was Jesus and Christianity which is far different from what Phelps says.

This is not the right thread so I will briefly say with regard to Phelps that his 'theology' was based on the Jewish teaching of the Old Testament which Jesus rejected and he gave us a New Covenant which is Christianity. About the Old Testament Jewish teaching Jesus said,

44 "You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies."

John 8.

As usual you chose to go off in a completely different direction.

John 8.

:huh: So the Old Testament prophesies Xians like you claim that Jesus fulfilled:

"Jesus and the Apostle Paul frequently referred back to the Old Testament, a quick google shows mention of the Trinity in the Old Testament plus the fact "there are over forty-seven prophecies in the Old Testament concerning the death of Christ on the cross, all of which were literally fulfilled."

are the devils lies are they? Why were you boasting about Jesus 'fullfilling' the devil's lies? Isn't Jesus supposed to be in opposition to the devil?

Mod Note

I believe the subject under discussion is the actions and beliefs of The Westboro Baptist Church in Kansas.

do you think we could meander gently back in the vague direction of this topic at some time ?

Archived