There's crazy Muslims and Lordy there's some crazy Christians!

I cannot CANNOT believe anyone on this forum would not castigate the Phelps family for their actions.

While they may not actually be killers, what they do in the name of 'good' is utterly despicable and abhorrent!

What if they're right and they are doing God's work?

What if they're right and they are doing God's work?

They claim that "God hates fags" and hates and punishes countries that fail to persecute homosexuals.

The fact that by pretty much any measure of quality of life in gay friendly countries tend to be better to live in than homophobic countries would suggest quite strongly that Westboro Baptist Church are about as wrong that as it's possible to be.

So please do explain how these Westboro Baptist's are "Definitely not Christian" when they are simply continuing the bible's disgusting tradition of glorying the slaughtering of children as punishment for the 'sins' of their parents.

They are not Christian by my personal of what Christian means in a practical way - both of my parents and many of my wider family as I was growing up were Christians and extremely good, loving and tolerant people as have been all of the priests I know.

Plekhanov, the bible can be interpreted in all sorts of ways as you well know - and those who taught it to me in childhood interpreted the words of Jesus in a way that I simply don't recognise in the terms in which you describe it.

They're (partly) right with number 9:

..hmm on that basis Im going to have to revisit my dislike of this organisation, especially since they have also highlighted the shortcomings of Swedish vacuum cleaners (No 10), I've never got on with anything made by Electrolux ;)

Archived