Are we safe in Hotels these days?

mynameisdan,

Never say, ' never again. ' Now, if you 'd taken a photo of your stubbed digit and also rushed yourself to the nearest Health & Safety Co-Ordinators Outlet Facility Office, you might well have been able to claim thousands from the said Travel Lodge. [ sounds worse than that hotel in Psycho ! ].

Think of the possibilities that a temporary loss of a limb minimus might be :- loss of earnings, evidence-gathering expenses, shock, emotional disturbance, dizzy spells, loss of confidence........and a feeling that everyone was looking at and talking about your big toe.

You might have got enough to move into a Travel Lodge for ages........maybe even for ever.....?....if you kept having nasty mishaps.

I once got something caught in a zip but this is a family forum so I can 't say anymore.

Cressida ! A supply ? I can see, young lady that you 'll have to be searched VERY thoroughly indeed. Another alternative could be to distribute some of your thimbles amongst the hotel staff and they would be so engrossed in the game that they wouldn 't have the time or inclination to be tampering with the guest 's private entrances ?

You know, my dear, I think I missed my calling-----I ought to be a hotel manager---or, perhaps better still--- a night porter !! Do you fancy co-owning a hotel with me ? We could call it ' The Fumbing Thimble ' 80 quid a night, breakfast or double beds extra, night visitors optional.

[ Incidentally, and this is true [ ! ] ----at a lot of the hotels in China, every night, in the rooms where they know there are only male guests, they shove a little ' flyer ' under the door, advertising ' complete body massage......etc....complete with photo of a beautiful masseuse, aged about 20. I suppose that IS better than someone just barging through an insecure door and grunting , " Up for it, then, love ? " ].

Now in exile in Malaysia----hope you are well, Cressida !

Exiled in Malaysia - on the lam from the Hutong Gang I guess.

I've got a better idea, you get a job on the Orient Express and I'll get a cabin, I was debating whether to subtly introduce the idea to LordC but I'm not very subtle am I?

Magnetic keys are safer than traditional barrel lock keys, you can track exact entry times when a card has been used over several days ,weeks and staff are issued with personal numbers so can be tracked too. Always make sure your door is closed properly when leaving a room and windows are closed shut.I stay in hotels on a regular basis for business and only worry about my safety when idiots decide to tape up the fire detector for a crafty smoke in the bedroom, that is scary and puts all our lives at risk.

I've stayed in motels and hotels in Europe, Canada and the US and never had a problem in any of them which ranged from 2 star to 5 star.

The only incident that comes to mind was a bunch of students holding a noisy beer party in a motel in Boulder, Colorado back in the 80s

I stay in hotels on a regular basis for business and only worry about my safety when idiots decide to tape up the fire detector for a crafty smoke in the bedroom, that is scary and puts all our lives at risk.

:o......................another thing to check:rolleyes:

Archived