What's happening with the planet's odd weather?

In the '70's, when scientists told us the world was heading into another ice age, that was it. Some people may have believed them, some people (paricularly old Bill, the local forecaster with his bit of damp seaweed and his pine cone) might've said they were talking a load of rubbish, but that was it.

The weather got on with whatever it was doing.

In the '90's when another lot of scientists told us we were heading into a warm age (and the ice age was quietly forgotten about) everything changed. Scientists hopped up an down, clamoured for (and often got) huge research budgets, started character assassination and vilification schemes against those who disagred with them. Some people believed them, others didn't (those who didn't believe were likely to be vilified, so many kept their heads down.)

The weather got on with whatever it was doing.

The big difference, of course, was that there was far more money to be made than there had been in the 1970s.

'Green' industries, 'Carbon Trading', trying to get other people to pay you because you mined your sea-level atol for aggregate to build roads and hotels (Tuvalu), lecture tours, 'documentaries', scare-momngering.

The opportunity to make a buck (or a Yen, Yuan, Rupee or whatever) was almost limitless.

Were the scientists in the 1970's not very bright?

Or are some of the audience today more easily persuaded?

Volcanoes can seriously affect the weather and have done several times in human history.

So you think all the "problems" the planet is experiencing recently is volcano driven?

Or are we detracting from the original thread?

I've no doubt at all what you say about volcanic activity is true it has been widely documentated.

So you think all the "problems" the planet is experiencing recently is volcano driven?

Or are we detracting from the original thread?

I've no doubt at all what you say about volcanic activity is true it has been widely documentated.

never said that, you just made that up.....

what i am saying seeing as you misunderstood me is that yes there is a lot of strange weather and also lots of strange natural goings on which could fall under this topic ... sorry if it annoys you

Archived