Other immigrants not hated??

I believe their is a clause in immigration about this. It was big news a number of years back. Something to do with bringing Indian chefs over.

Another similar clause is for family businesses.

Both have clauses concerning positive discrimination.

Probably in a lot of cases, but I learnt Polish from working in an Italian restaurant.

I agree there are plenty of exceptions to the rule. One of the chefs at the French resaurant near the top of eccy road is actually Cuban and a few of the waiting staff are eastern european so it doen't always follow that the ethnicity of the staff exactly matches the cuisine. Thinking about it, when i was a kid i worked as a waiter in an italian restaurant, albeit within in a hotel and the extent of my italian lingo is Cornetto and bella.

I believe their is a clause in immigration about this. It was big news a number of years back. Something to do with bringing Indian chefs over.

Another similar clause is for family businesses.

Both have clauses concerning positive discrimination.

so why dont we ever hear of the likes of groups like the EDL protesting outside shouting "send em back" "taking british jobs"

could it be because they are OK immigrants?

so why dont we ever hear of the likes of groups like the EDL protesting outside shouting "send em back" "taking british jobs"

could it be because they are OK immigrants?

Another factor is that one, that they are in the case of most familly run eateries clearly not taking jobs because the jobs would not have existed without them coming here. Even the most hardened BNP type would probably struggle to claim that "old Barry Whiteman had been running the trattoria for decades, trattorias were 'is life, till them bloody dagos came over ere and took it over, now 'e just sits in corner of pub, a broken man with 'is pasta tongs and half a mild, muttering about 'e used to make real tagliatele al forno int' good old days instead of this newfangled foreign muck"

Another factor is that one, that they are in the case of most familly run eateries clearly not taking jobs because the jobs would not have existed without them coming here. Even the most hardened BNP type would probably struggle to claim that "old Barry Whiteman had been running the trattoria for decades, trattorias were 'is life, till them bloody dagos came over ere and took it over, now 'e just sits in corner of pub with 'is pasta tongs and half a mild, muttering about 'e used to make real tagliatele al forno int' good old days instead of this newfangled foreign muck"

no but they COULDVE employed an english person it DOESNT have to be foriegn

no but they COULDVE employed an english person it DOESNT have to be foriegn

In some cases they do, as I mentioned I worked in an italian as a kid, but I think those who have a general objection to foreigners are far more likely to make a selective exemption when there is a real or percieved benefit to them, people who are brought up with the relevant cuisine will probably find it easier to cook the relevant food to a good standard, or if not at least be percieved to be better at it and in terms of waiting staff have an affinity with the ingredients which Michel Roux highlighted as very important in the program.

In some cases they do, as I mentioned I worked in an italian as a kid, but I think those who have a general objection to foreigners are far more likely to make a selective exemption when there is a real or percieved benefit to them, people who are brought up with the relevant cuisine will probably find it easier to cook the relevant food to a good standard, or if not at least be percieved to be better at it and in terms of waiting staff have an affinity with the ingredients which Michel Roux highlighted as very important in the program.

indeed, the bold bit about sums it up, although having said that they still hate "pakis" generally, even when going out for a curry on a friday night

Archived