Is there going to be an Irish festival in Sheffield this year?

carrickfiona

I see.

We have returned to Sheffield after several years living in Ireland, and my 11 year old son, who has been mainly brought up in Ireland, is missing "home" a lot and I hoped there might be some fun stuff on where he could meet other kids of Irish descent.

Being English myself, I had never noticed any significant anti-irish feeling before, but unfortunately my son has experienced some very prejudiced remarks from other kids.

I see.

We have returned to Sheffield after several years living in Ireland, and my 11 year old son, who has been mainly brought up in Ireland, is missing "home" a lot and I hoped there might be some fun stuff on where he could meet other kids of Irish descent.

In that case you may find this website useful. Nothing about this year's festival on it yet, though.

hmm read the old thread, ever wanted to reach thru the screen and strangle someone?

havnt been to saint paddys day since i left belfast

used to see the march go past me on the falls road, drinking on st paddys didnt start till mid afternoon

the twelth thou, geez when i lived over on the shore road the drinking started in the street the night before when the bonfires were started, remember getting stuck in the royal hospital one lovely rioting twelth

hmm read the old thread, ever wanted to reach thru the screen and strangle someone?

havnt been to saint paddys day since i left belfast

used to see the march go past me on the falls road, drinking on st paddys didnt start till mid afternoon

the twelth thou, geez when i lived over on the shore road the drinking started in the street the night before when the bonfires were started, remember getting stuck in the royal hospital one lovely rioting twelth

????? Don't you just love em!!!

Archived