Where is best rock pub

teresamaria

thank you 4 ur help.u know what the sportsman like?

I used to go there about three years ago and it was good. It then changed owners/landlord and I wasn't so keen. Saying that, it's usually really full on it's 'big' nights when I walk past, so it must still be doing something right. If it's anything like what it used to be, I'd use it as a place for the earlier part of your night, and probably do The Nelson afterwards.

Outside of the Nelson/Sportsman then Casbah/Corp combo, there is the Dove&Rainbow (near Castle Square tram stop, behind the Banker's Draft), as well as West Street Live. D&R is what I imagine Corp would be if it was a pub. A bit run down looking, but with good tunes and decent drinks. A proper rock pub, basically.

WSL isn't strictly just rock (it varies between pop, indie, rock and metal dependent on night and bands on, etc), though it generally leans towards guitar based music. It's quite nice inside, though there aren't many seats. The drink selection is good, and the music is good to great 4 times in 5. :)

WSL isn't strictly just rock (it varies between pop, indie, rock and metal dependent on night and bands on, etc), though it generally leans towards guitar based music. It's quite nice inside, though there aren't many seats. The drink selection is good, and the music is good to great 4 times in 5. :)

We couldn't have put it better ourselves, thank you :-)

can any 1 tell me the best rock pub in sheffield please

As said in previous posts best places are

Nelson

Sportsman

Corp *Night Club*

Few years ago i would have said the casbah and the dove an rainbow but sadly they have gone down hill abit :|

yeah ive not been in for about 20 years but apparently the nelson is where a lot of the old wap regs go? like soldier and people?

Dunno you get a good mixture of people in there

Ive been in an bumped into people ive not seen for years who went to rebels or the old corp every weekend back int day :D

I used to go to t' Nelson ..Buccaneer...Minerva ...Albert...Penthouse...regularly around 1970 ....Sadly , they've all gone except t' Nelson ( which was always my Favourite TBH)...:hihi: I still get in for a few pints when up Sheff...:thumbsup:

The best thing about going to places like The Nelson and The Dove and Rainbow (from what i can remember) is that they don't discriminate which adds to the overall atmosphere of the place. + you can always find a drunken conversation you're unlikely to remember in the morning, classic :)

Archived