Is honesty the best policy?

Have to agree! I've had accidental damage fixed on three cars over the past 10 years without the garage asking any questions or wanting to see documents.

And in which Land (note the capitalisation of the first letter of the Noun) were those garages located?

:hihi: I get it! :hihi:

What time is it in your neck of the woods Rupert?

He is as i understand it one of our colonial cousins, hence his "here" is America, in which he is describing the situation. Which situation sounds rather good in this regard.

Other direction. - There was a clue (albeit not perhaps an obvious one) in the first post on the subject. I wrote: "...and the StVO [Road Traffic Act] applies in car parks as well as on the road..."

Had I written 'Straßenverkehrsordnung' in full perhaps that would've made things a bit clearer. My 'here' is Oberbayern.

And in which Land (note the capitalisation of the first letter of the Noun) were those garages located?

Other direction. - There was a clue (albeit not perhaps an obvious one) in the first post on the subject. I wrote: "...and the StVO [Road Traffic Act] applies in car parks as well as on the road..."

Had I written 'Straßenverkehrsordnung' in full perhaps that would've made things a bit clearer. My 'here' is Oberbayern.

That just gave me a lingistics headhache. Or somethings.

I live in Germany ... and I also live in the US. I've spent 5 out of the last 7 years living in Germany, but from this year on it will be about 6 months of the year in Europe and 6 in the US.

(And I don't come from either, I'm a Channel Islander.)

I spend 6 months in the UK, and 8 months in Cleethorpes. If that helps.

Archived