Royal Wedding 2011

I was disappointed to hear that pubs will be able to open until 1am because of the Royal wedding. Can't see the link.

"Oooh, there's a Royal wedding, lets go and get really drunk to celebrate." Can't see that Wills and Kate will be delighted about that...?

Or am I getting old?

I was disappointed to hear that pubs will be able to open until 1am because of the Royal wedding. Can't see the link.

"Oooh, there's a Royal wedding, lets go and get really drunk to celebrate." Can't see that Wills and Kate will be delighted about that...?

Or am I getting old?

I think you are getting old.

Why not just ask yourself "what harm is it doing?" Them turn on the telly and let folk enjoy themselves if they want.

Actually it's not just the crumblies.

I'm looking forward to it.

And what harm can it do? Causing heavier than usual drinking will inevitably cause drunk people and fighting and vandalism, just as it does on Friday or Saturday nights.

What a fine legacy for the Royal Wedding to leave!

I'd rather remember it as a time for national unity and a feelgood factor, not for people getting drunk and doing stupid things.

Archived