Davey Utd employees

andtre

Hi all,

My Granddad, John (Jack) Reeder, worked for Davey utd, possibly in the fifties (maybe before) as works Superintendant. But, I know he was also an engineer so could have worked in either technical, engineering or testing departments of the company as well. I think he retired around 1960 and moved to Blackpool.

I would be very interested if anyone knew him or knew what sort of work he was involved in. I'm not from the Sheffield area and so know very little about the city or Davey Utd itself.

Many thanks,

Andy

• 1 month later...

I used to work at Davy-loewy (formerly United) in the 70's and loved every minute of it. I worked in the Publicity Department and organised the UK exhibitions, promotional material and gifts etc. The Company had seen many changes before I joined and has seen many since although the building is still standing I don't think it has anything to do with Davy's.Linda Swallow (formerly johnson)

I used to work at Davy-loewy (formerly United) in the 70's and loved every minute of it. I worked in the Publicity Department and organised the UK exhibitions, promotional material and gifts etc. The Company had seen many changes before I joined and has seen many since although the building is still standing I don't think it has anything to do with Davy's.Linda Swallow (formerly johnson)

Some offices are used by the NHS.

Archived