Vegetarians that eat fish!

your argument is essentially like saying women can call themselves men, yes they can but they are in fact wrong.

This is one for a different day. A woman can call herself a man while remaining biologically a woman. Take a look at the law on transexuals. They are still biologically men or women but choose to be recognised as the opposite sex

If a person wishes to call themselves vegetarian and eat fish at the same time we can't really stop them. Getting wound up about it and turning it into a debate isn't going to stop them is it?

I fully agree. There is no ownership of the word vegetarian. Some folks call themselves a vegetarian and eat eggs and milk. Others might eat fish. It is a personal choice pretty much like calling one's self a healthy eater. The vegetarian society might have their deffinition but that doesn't give them ownership of the word or for that matter mean that they are right.

I prefer the definition from the urban dictionary.

1. vegetarian

A bad hunter. Someone who survives by consuming not food, but the stuff that food eats. The vegetarian was forced to subsist on slower prey, such as the broccoli and carrot.

I fully agree. There is no ownership of the word vegetarian. Some folks call themselves a vegetarian and eat eggs and milk. Others might eat fish. It is a personal choice pretty much like calling one's self a healthy eater. The vegetarian society might have their deffinition but that doesn't give them ownership of the word or for that matter mean that they are right.

I prefer the definition from the urban dictionary.

1. vegetarian

A bad hunter. Someone who survives by consuming not food, but the stuff that food eats. The vegetarian was forced to subsist on slower prey, such as the broccoli and carrot.

eschewing eggs and milk (and other dairy like cheese and butter) would be more Veganism than veggie.

eschewing eggs and milk (and other dairy like cheese and butter) would be more Veganism than veggie.

Here again a person can call themselves vegetarian and not eat eggs and milk, they don't have to call themselves a vegan

Here again a person can call themselves vegetarian and not eat eggs and milk, they don't have to call themselves a vegan

they can call themselves aliens, they can call themselves cows, they can call themselves what they want but they will be factually inaccurate if they use the wrong word

This is one for a different day. A woman can call herself a man while remaining biologically a woman. Take a look at the law on transexuals. They are still biologically men or women but choose to be recognised as the opposite sex

It's nothing to do with transexuals either. I could call myself a man but I would be wrong

Got to love people on their high horse telling people right from wrong. Just because a person doesn't fit with your definition of something does not make them wrong.

:huh:are you against the english language in general. How do you communicate with people if you refuse to use the correct words?

By the way by being confused about what vegetarianism is you are proving that people should use the correct definitions!

Archived