Vegetarians that eat fish!

:huh:are you against the english language in general. How do you communicate with people if you refuse to use the correct words?

By the way by being confused about what vegetarianism is you are proving that people should use the correct definitions!

Nope i am proving that people should be free to decide "what they are" i may not agree with things but i wouldn't jump on my horse and tell them they're wrong. This is 2011 people can choose what they are even if it doesn't fit with convention

Nope i am proving that people should be free to decide "what they are" i may not agree with things but i wouldn't jump on my horse and tell them they're wrong. This is 2011 people can choose what they are even if it doesn't fit with convention

ahhh you have issues

I'd have to agree with you there

damn me and my outdated notion that words in fact have meanings

you also seem to be having an issue with the word prove!

ahhh you have issues

I'd have to agree with you there

damn me and my outdated notion that words in fact have meanings

Words do have meanings but those meanings are open to interpretation, how do you think language develops?

I think this thread just demonstrates the narrow minded attitude of some people.

Perhaps we just need a bit more tolerance from so called vegetarians.

If I go to a steak restaurant I can buy a steak, and it will be served with vegetables, and there will usually be a "vegetarian" option.

If I go to a fish restaurant I can buy fish, and it will be served with vegetables, and there will usually be a "vegetarian" option.

So why is it that if I go to a vegetarian restaurant they don't offer a steak or fish option?

I think this thread just demonstrates the narrow minded attitude of some people.

Perhaps we just need a bit more tolerance from so called vegetarians.

If I go to a steak restaurant I can buy a steak, and it will be served with vegetables, and there will usually be a "vegetarian" option.

If I go to a fish restaurant I can buy fish, and it will be served with vegetables, and there will usually be a "vegetarian" option.

So why is it that if I go to a vegetarian restaurant they don't offer a steak or fish option?

Vegetarians have an option when they eat at my house. They eat what they're given or don't eat.

Unless they'd be willing to provide me with a meat option if I were eating at their house.

People may find this interesting, and who knows it might even add something to the squabble.

http://www.passionatevegetarian.com/vegetarian_types.htm

As there are shades or degrees of vegetarian there are shades or degrees of being a plant or an animal. As I said before, there are some plants and animals that have had to be recategorised and some that are not decided upon.

Vegetarians must eat huge quantities of mites and other similar creatures - it is unavoidable. It is the intent that counts, or degree of intent. So a degree of intent for a vegetarian may be to not eat meat but eat fish.

Archived