Vegetarians that eat fish!

hmmm, just been watching Dispatches on telly, would put you off eating fish!

A real eye-opener :D Never did fancy King Prawns, now I know they're farmed in ponds containing raw sewage and treated with toxic chemicals they're off the menu for ever.

And I wonder how many Sheffield chippies are selling Vietnamese farmed River Cobbler as Cod ? ;)

Don't get me started on people who call themselves vegetarian but eat fish - it means that people assume if you're veggie you eat fish as well. I've even been at mass catered events where the veggie option was tuna!

Those people are top of my list for Room 101. Seriously, even if you find people don't understand the term pescetarian how hard is it to say you eat fish but don't eat meat?

Don't get me started on people who call themselves vegetarian but eat fish - it means that people assume if you're veggie you eat fish as well. I've even been at mass catered events where the veggie option was tuna!

Those people are top of my list for Room 101. Seriously, even if you find people don't understand the term pescetarian how hard is it to say you eat fish but don't eat meat?

Some people obviously do not like the idea of eating meat but do not feel the same way about eating fish. If people feel this way, then that's surely up to them. Why does it seem to bother you and others so much?

Some people obviously do not like the idea of eating meat but do not feel the same way about eating fish. If people feel this way, then that's surely up to them. Why does it seem to bother you and others so much?

It's not that they choose to eat fish, its that they say they're vegetarian when they're not vegetarian at all.

It's not that they choose to eat fish, its that they say they're vegetarian when they're not vegetarian at all.

Which, we should point out, not all of them do; some people are happy just to say that they don't eat (mammalian) meat. Often it's nothing to do with moral arguments but because they consider meat to be far less healthy than fish. Maybe they're right at that.

Those who say "I'm a vegetarian" when they palpably are not, are just muddying the waters for everyone else.

Archived