Vegetarians that eat fish!

What harm's it doing to anyone?

It means vegetarians get served fish by caterers or people assume you eat fish. If pescetarians stopped calling themselves veggie it'd make life a lot easier for everyone.

Don't get me started on people who call themselves vegetarian but eat fish - it means that people assume if you're veggie you eat fish as well. I've even been at mass catered events where the veggie option was tuna!

Those people are top of my list for Room 101. Seriously, even if you find people don't understand the term pescetarian how hard is it to say you eat fish but don't eat meat?

It is very annoying... "What's your veggie option?"

"Oh, the chicken or the fish"

Erm...no... what's the veggie option, ie, the option that does not involve eating something that had a mother!!??"

My brother in law used to say "Meat mat be murder, but fish is justifiable homicide!"

You shouldn't call yourself a veg if you're not. My husband is a true veg (but cooks the best steak ever), I don't eat Pork, Lamb or non-free range Meat. And I eat meat sparingly and like to know what I eat is realy good meat.

That said, I do support cheap meat. Much as people might whinge on cheap meat provided a cheap source of protein and eradicated cholera so nobody should complain about that till they've found a way to replace that type of meat.

Max the Cat trufax

It means vegetarians get served fish by caterers or people assume you eat fish. If pescetarians stopped calling themselves veggie it'd make life a lot easier for everyone.

Fair enough I do not eat meat but do eat fish (infact just been down to the pond!). I don't describe myself as a veggie but other people do.

It ****** me off when meat eaters say 'ah you're a veggie but you eat fish?'

What the hell's it got to do with them? I'm not tellling other's what to eat and what not to. Why do they take it so personally that some people eat fish but not meat?:huh:

Fair enough I do not eat meat but do eat fish. I don't describe myself as a veggie but other people do.

It ****** me off when meat eaters say 'ah you're a veggie but you eat fish?'

What the hell's it got to do with them? I'm not tellling other's what to eat and what not to. Why do they take it so personally that some people eat fish but not meat?:huh:

I've found from my partner it's easier just to say veggie. Even if you say that they will ask you if you eat chicken or fish so pescetarian just .would.not.compute.

Archived